ride1992's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 10:46 PM

Setting favorite channels on a laptop

When using my Ipad to display the Uverse channel guide, I can tap on the gold star in the upper right corner and only my favorite channels will be listed. I can add or delete channels by tapping the gold star on the left column next to channel call letters. Great.

There was a time when I could do the same on my Apple laptop. Haven't been able to do that for several months since an update was issued. When I sign in ALL the channels are listed. 

Is there any way that just favorite channels can be displayed ?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I'm not sure if the favorite channel preferences are by Account (less likely) or by Cookie (more likely).  Are you, by chance, blocking cookies on your Apple Laptop?  Are you using Safari; could you try Firefox or Chrome?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I'm using Safari and I've unblocked all cookies. That didn't make a difference. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Oh, wait!  I'm sorry, I had a brain .. uh... gas expulsion.

The favorites feature used to be on the website.  It's gone now.  It's still part of the iPad app, but who knows how long before they mess that up, too.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

For me, The OP answers its own query -

Is there any way that just favorite channels can be displayed ? - When using my Ipad to display the Uverse channel guide, I can tap on the gold star in the upper right corner and only my favorite channels will be listed.

Yes, use the ipad

There was a time when I could do the same on my Apple laptop. Haven't been able to do that for several months since an update was issued.

Yes, the update left it out. Many threads complain about it. I always replied - its still on the ipad. - I am starting to post in circles.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Why an update would leave out that feature is beyond me. 

As mentioned, using the Ipad channel guide allows favorite channels, it's just that the laptop seems to move somewhat faster and at least for me easier to use. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

There are many mysteries in the various U-verse customer interfaces that make no sense. There does not appear to be any interest in making them world class. It does appear that the updates break more features than they add. Don't get me started.

In this case, I was thinking that the developers thought that favorite shows(for on-demand) and favorite channels are the same thing. LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.