TJCarpenterWHB's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, March 16th, 2015 6:27 PM

Online Apps won't work even though I'm subscribed to the appropriate channels

I have a U-450 package, I'm pretty much subscribed to everything. HBO, ESPN, Epix, etc. I use the apps often on tablet, phone, even computer. 

I moved my at&t account to a new address last week and the apps stopped recognizing my at&t login information. At home, on the go. The issue is not the at&t login process, but rather that the apps no longer recognize that I am subscribed to these channels. HBO Go for example will give me a message stating that "It seems you aren't subscribed to HBO," though I clearly am. WatchESPN will give me a "user not authorized error" message. I've been on the phone for two hours with AT&T technical support, sales, technical support again, then to some other department. It's maddening. 

I've been directed to the MyAT&T app several times. That app is awful by the way, extremely slow. This is an attempt to link what is considered "new service" because I moved addresses. We'll that's not working. 

I'm subscribed to all channels, no, I do not want to watch television through the U-verse app. I want my login to be recognized by these third party apps as they are supposed to be. My online account information needs to be re-established with all of these other these third parties. Thank you.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TJCarpenterWHB wrote:

I have a U-450 package, I'm pretty much subscribed to everything. HBO, ESPN, Epix, etc. I use the apps often on tablet, phone, even computer. 

I moved my at&t account to a new address last week and the apps stopped recognizing my at&t login information. At home, on the go. The issue is not the at&t login process, but rather that the apps no longer recognize that I am subscribed to these channels. HBO Go for example will give me a message stating that "It seems you aren't subscribed to HBO," though I clearly am. WatchESPN will give me a "user not authorized error" message. I've been on the phone for two hours with AT&T technical support, sales, technical support again, then to some other department. It's maddening. 

I've been directed to the MyAT&T app several times. That app is awful by the way, extremely slow. This is an attempt to link what is considered "new service" because I moved addresses. We'll that's not working. 

I'm subscribed to all channels, no, I do not want to watch television through the U-verse app. I want my login to be recognized by these third party apps as they are supposed to be. My online account information needs to be re-established with all of these other these third parties. Thank you.

Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to create a new sign in while at your new address. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, we're beyond that.... I wouldn't be here if the solution were, an "uninstall/reinstall" or "unplug, wait 10 seconds, plug back in." I'm sorry I made an assumption everyone would know I already tried that. Also, since it doesn't work on multiple platforms including laptop through multiple web browsers, its an indication it has nothing to do with cookies, installation protocol or any other "hangups".

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Update: 2:08:11 hours on the phone with at&t, I'm being referred to "digital team technical support." They specialize in "error messages"... looking forward to telling the 6th person I've been referred to my problem all over again. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

So apparently "digital team technical support" is the same as normal technical support... yay. Smiley Frustrated

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Happily, this issue has been resolved. AT&T fixed the mistake... so... good for them, and good for me. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the exact same issue (have been for weeks, actually), and nobody at ATT can seem to help me. I was talking to a tech until almost midnight the other night about this with zero resolution. They said they would call me the following day, but never did. VERY frustrating.

How did they solve it for you?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Go back a few years prior to computer existance. Weren't things more simple then?

marvin

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Do you know what they did to fix it?  Seems like the common reason is moving to a new address and that 's what happened to me too.  Thanks!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

The problem I had was during a software program plan to combine all of the services into one bill. Some employees I spoke with from the beginning expected it was already like that, but the bill I paid did not include the telephone as I expected. So I got a late payment charge on something I thought was part of what I did pay. This was just an automatice program before it was supposed to be combined.

After that I got a few calls from other people described as from the president's office, and they did get it corrected and erased the extra charge made from being late paying.

The real source of the problems was due to completely seperate programs being combined into one with U-verse. It was not easy, and probably still has some bugs. But they were so good in their response to correct the problem that I am totally content with how AT&T works. They really care about customers.

(I had converted from Comcast to AT&T specifically because Comcast did NOT provide treatment that good. But they tired too late, after I decided to just quit paying anything.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.