For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ktut's profile

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

Monday, October 21st, 2013 8:51 PM

New Android App

I got the new app to watch live tv on my Android. When I try to run the app, it will only let me watch "out of home" channels even though I am connected to my Uverse internet at home. All of the "all channels" show an x and I cannot watch. Any ideas?

Guru

• 

644 Messages

11 years ago

Live TV on Uverse.com: Requires U-family or higher TV plan. Content may vary by TV plan and viewing location.

U-verse App: Requires qualifying device, U-family or higher TV plan and Wi-Fi or data connection. Content may vary by device, TV plan, and viewing location. Quality of picture varies by device and data connection. Data charges may apply.

Read more here http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/live-tv-on-ipad/m-p/3708717#M1946

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

A more helpful response for you... apparently this was a known issue, as my phone just got pushed another update this morning and live TV is now working great in-home.

Check Google Play for updates and give it another shot 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The app is extremely buggy. My Galaxy Nexus works but I had to restart the phone while at home to get the in home channels to work. My wife's HTC ONE only gets a blank black screen on any channel and my first gen Nexus 7 doesn't get the live TV option at all. 

Seriously ATT? I've been your biggest advocate thus far as I've had pretty much no issues others complain about with their Uverse TV.

You guys/gals really need to get your act together on this. The competition has a big jump on you with tablet/phone support! 

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

I got the update as well. It works fine now. Thanks to all.

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

10 years ago

@skeptic25 wrote:

The app is extremely buggy. My Galaxy Nexus works but I had to restart the phone while at home to get the in home channels to work. My wife's HTC ONE only gets a blank black screen on any channel and my first gen Nexus 7 doesn't get the live TV option at all

Seriously ATT? I've been your biggest advocate thus far as I've had pretty much no issues others complain about with their Uverse TV.

You guys/gals really need to get your act together on this. The competition has a big jump on you with tablet/phone support! 

Unfortunately, the app does not give the Live TV option on all android devices.  I have a Nexus 7 and an Asus TF300T.  Neither are supported.  Seems the Content owners are afraid Android users will find a way to steal the content.  😞  Bit my Android fragmentation agin.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem...only "out of home" channels work. I unistalled the app and downloaded the latest one from google play yesterday, same results. I am connected and logged in to the uverse wifi, I am subscribing to the U200 channels. When I am trying to pair a receiver (I have two) with the tablet it comes back saying there are no receivers available. Is there a minimum rev of Adroid that is required? Any other tips that might help me?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@bri_man_65 wrote:

@skeptic25 wrote:

The app is extremely buggy. My Galaxy Nexus works but I had to restart the phone while at home to get the in home channels to work. My wife's HTC ONE only gets a blank black screen on any channel and my first gen Nexus 7 doesn't get the live TV option at all

Unfortunately, the app does not give the Live TV option on all android devices.  I have a Nexus 7 and an Asus TF300T.  Neither are supported.  Seems the Content owners are afraid Android users will find a way to steal the content.  😞  Bit my Android fragmentation agin.

I can't install it on my older Android Smartphone, not enough storage and do not see any Live TV option on my Vizio VTAB tablet, after the upgrade.  Wonder if it's a collusion type deal (maybe collusion is too harsh?) with AT&T Wireless?  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

BTW, I have the HP tablet with Android installed and can not get in home live TV on the uverse app...maybe that tablet is not supported. Is anybody out there running the uverse live tv app on an HP tablet?

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

10 years ago

I installed the Uverse App on my Asus Tablet many, many months ago before they had live tv option.  When they added some onDemand and then recently the Live TV, I would never see it show up.  I assumed the app just did not support my Asus Tablet.    

Low and Behold.... I found last night they have a Uverse for Tablet App.   D'oh!!!  Downloaded it, and it works great on my ASUS Tablet.  It connected to my Set Top Box, and I was able to stream live channels.

So for those with a tablet, make sure you are downloading the Tablet version of the app.

Good Luck!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks bri-man, will look for the tablet version!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.