lezgettdrunk's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 12th, 2014 4:39 PM

Iphone/Ipad Uverse App with NVG589 and Asus Router RT-N56U traffic routing

Hi All,

I have a NVG589 RG ATT and a Asus Router RT-N56U configured currently. All my home network traffic (wired/wireless) goes through the Asus and the wirelss receivers, DVR go through the NVG589. I'm having to switch back to the the NVG589 network in order to use the app. I read on a previous post to add:

access-list acl_out extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 host 239.255.255.250

and remember being able to do this on my previous RG, but don't see anywhere to configure on the new RG.

Current config

AT&T NVG589

192.168.1.x

DHCP

Asus RT-N56U

192.168.2.x

DHCP

Also have IP Pass through set so I can use my personal router for all the port forwarding and that is functioning. Any thoughts or help would greatly be appreciated.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @lezgettdrunk,

Besides setting your Asus in bridge mode, which defeats the purpose of why you have your own router, I do not know of a way to have the app work with it connected.

When it comes to setting up an access control list, I do not remember any place in our gateway that was able to do this through a command-line code, but you can set it up through the packet filet options under firewall.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have alot of devices on my network and I have read that this router does
not handle alot of volume well. Also I have alot of port forwarding setup
for remote access and prefer to use my own router.

Will packet filter make this work? I'm just trying to be able to connect
from my iphone app to the uverse receiver when i'm on my routers wifi
network.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

To my knowledge, it will not work because you have to be on the same subnet as the U-verse router. I apologize for any of the inconveniences.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.