For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
beatriceam21's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 11:24 PM

Can't use my parents HBOGO account because I too use AT&T

My parents have AT&T u-verse and have the channel HBO which gives them access to HBOGO. I live on my own and also have U-Verse, but don't have the HBO channel. So, every time I try to log in it doesn't give me the option to enter my parents AT&T account and says that I'm not a subscriber. I assumed it had something to do with detecting the IP address. I called today to see if that was the issue. I talked to someone and she apologized and tried to help me, but when she couldn't she sent to some rude lady and told me it WAS the IP address and there's was nothing that could be done. No apologizes at all or thank you for being an AT&T customer. My family and I have been with AT&T for a long long long time, and when I moved to my own place I too got AT&T. Now, I'm thinking about switching services JUST so I can use my parents HBOGO account without any problems. 

I just think it's stupid that I can't use my parents account because I am also an AT&T customer, but when I try logging in when someone has Version internet it works perfectly fine. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is a problem also for me.  We own two homes, one in Florida which carries HBO and the other does not because we aren't there very often only returning for holidays, etc...

It seems so simple to fix the problem with a more detailed login screen on the part of HBO.  If we only had the option to log in to our account.  I do appreciate home login being tied to the ip address and instant access but it seems like a relatively easy issue to fix.

But it's impossible right now as log in is tied to ip address.  It's not fair to be unable to get something you pay for.  

IT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED! 

THX!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

So if you login from the uverse website you can still access all of your content regardless of location. Seems like that would be blocked as well but I was having the same issue and I am able to watch HBO content through the uverse website no problem

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@momvavrus wrote:

This is a problem also for me.  We own two homes, one in Florida which carries HBO and the other does not because we aren't there very often only returning for holidays, etc...

It seems so simple to fix the problem with a more detailed login screen on the part of HBO.  If we only had the option to log in to our account.  I do appreciate home login being tied to the ip address and instant access but it seems like a relatively easy issue to fix.

But it's impossible right now as log in is tied to ip address.  It's not fair to be unable to get something you pay for.  

IT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED! 

THX!

@momvavrus - You may be waiting for a bit.  A U-Verse forum moderator has basically said that AT&T has made a conscious decision that if the home has a TV package that does not include HBO, you will not be allowed to use the HBO Go app, through that home's internet.  Looks like a pure revenue generator.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@momvavrus - You may be waiting for a bit.  A U-Verse forum moderator has basically said that AT&T has made a conscious decision that if the home has a TV package that does not include HBO, you will not be allowed to use the HBO Go app, through that home's internet.  Looks like a pure revenue generator.

I truly believe that this was intended to be a convenience feature, i.e. not requiring explicit login while in the home.  Whether they didn't realize this would be a side effect, or realized it and didn't care, I do not know.  However, they do seem to be wedded to this model, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.