Posted Jan 7, 2013
8:16:26 PM
View profile
why can't I find the new episodes of "Downton Abbey" to DVR it?

Hi

The new season is on starting this Sunday, 1/06/13 on KQED at 9PM and will be run weekly.   but the "search" option can't find this show to be recorded.  I called the support this morning and she couldn't find it either and claimed that because KQED does not list this show on its schedule which is not true.  I have checked this show is listed on the KQED schedule as well as Uverse online schedule.  Both Comcast and Direct TV are able to DVR this show why not Uverse?  Please help on resolving this issue asap.

thanks,

Meggy

Hi

The new season is on starting this Sunday, 1/06/13 on KQED at 9PM and will be run weekly.   but the "search" option can't find this show to be recorded.  I called the support this morning and she couldn't find it either and claimed that because KQED does not list this show on its schedule which is not true.  I have checked this show is listed on the KQED schedule as well as Uverse online schedule.  Both Comcast and Direct TV are able to DVR this show why not Uverse?  Please help on resolving this issue asap.

thanks,

Meggy

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 8, 2013 10:17:56 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19:56 AM

KQED lists it on their website as well, but oufaninsdallas is right, you'll need to look for Masterpiece Theater since Downton Abbey is a Masterpiece presentation. 

http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily/index.jsp?format=long&ymd=2013-01-13

You can also check the TV listings for your zipcode here: http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/tv-listings

kqed.JPG

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

why can't I find the new episodes of "Downton Abbey" to DVR it?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 7, 2013 8:36:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Check your local PBS for Masterpiece, not Downton Abbey.  It's on at 8PM CST in DFW on channel 13/1013

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Check your local PBS for Masterpiece, not Downton Abbey.  It's on at 8PM CST in DFW on channel 13/1013

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: why can't I find the new episodes of "Downton Abbey" to DVR it?

2 of 7 (19,927 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 8, 2013 10:17:56 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19:56 AM

KQED lists it on their website as well, but oufaninsdallas is right, you'll need to look for Masterpiece Theater since Downton Abbey is a Masterpiece presentation. 

You can also check the TV listings for your zipcode here: http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/tv-listings

kqed.JPG

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

kqed.JPG

--------------

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (19,856 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2013 3:05:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I still can't find this show On Demand in Uverse - I've searched for it under Masterpiece and Downton Abbey.

I have the U450 UVerse plan in California.  However, folks that I know who have Comcast have Downton On Demand, no problem.

I still can't find this show On Demand in Uverse - I've searched for it under Masterpiece and Downton Abbey.

I have the U450 UVerse plan in California.  However, folks that I know who have Comcast have Downton On Demand, no problem.

4 of 7 (19,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2013 4:40:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

solarmoon wrote:

If it were in the On Demand library, it would be under the network PBS.  I don't believe U-verse carries any PBS On Demand.

solarmoon wrote:

If it were in the On Demand library, it would be under the network PBS.  I don't believe U-verse carries any PBS On Demand.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (19,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 6:20:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

I finally found it!  You search just the word Masterpiece, and click on the suggestions.  It's under there.  I missed the first episode last night, but thankfully it's playing again before next weeks episode.  The channel I found it under is WITV.  Hope this helps!

I finally found it!  You search just the word Masterpiece, and click on the suggestions.  It's under there.  I missed the first episode last night, but thankfully it's playing again before next weeks episode.  The channel I found it under is WITV.  Hope this helps!

6 of 7 (8,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 6:53:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Amazon's Prime will guarantee you the first three seasons for free and the 4th for just 10.00.  I understand this is not the new season on the provider you subscribe to... STILL... I mean to point out that Uverse 450 is not turning out to be all I was promised and I have paid a bundle of cash to other online merchants for entertainment.

Side note:  just discovered Downton Abbey myself last week and have not put my kindle down for more than a moment.  I feel you my friend.

Amazon's Prime will guarantee you the first three seasons for free and the 4th for just 10.00.  I understand this is not the new season on the provider you subscribe to... STILL... I mean to point out that Uverse 450 is not turning out to be all I was promised and I have paid a bundle of cash to other online merchants for entertainment.

Side note:  just discovered Downton Abbey myself last week and have not put my kindle down for more than a moment.  I feel you my friend.

7 of 7 (6,836 Views)