Get the myAT&T app
reekaroo's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 23rd, 2013 12:22 AM

How can I set a vacation hold while moving?

i will be moving in about a month. however im moving in with a family member temporarily (a few months) while i find an apartment. can i do a vacation hold and then have everything set up in the new apartment or do i have to cancel? and what if the apartment i get doesnt get att service? am i going to get charged with a  cancellation fee even though it wouldnt be my fault?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

He's the info for vacation hold: Put your service on Vacation Hold If your moving you should just cancel your service since as you said you don't know if the new place even has Uverse available.  Yhe only thing you will possibly lose is the ability to keep your DVR shows and there are limitations to that too.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@reekaroo wrote:

i will be moving in about a month. however im moving in with a family member temporarily (a few months) while i find an apartment. can i do a vacation hold and then have everything set up in the new apartment or do i have to cancel? and what if the apartment i get doesnt get att service? am i going to get charged with a  cancellation fee even though it wouldnt be my fault?

If you move, you are not liable for the ETF (unless AT&T has changed its policies in the past year.

It's possible to do the vacation hold in your circumstance. However, as someone else mentioned, you will still pay the reduced rate. Also, keeping your service at the address will prevent anyone else from getting Uverse at that address.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.