Get the myAT&T app
Good367's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, September 15th, 2014 3:45 PM

twice bills in 1 month & representive said the 2nd bill gave me credit but this is false statements

My last billing statement has Bill Cycle Date: 07/17/14 - 08/16/14 (this is a real monthly bill). My account has Balance $213.40CR. Also I found there is the 2nd billing satatement in Augest. the 2nd bill has Bill Cycle Date: 08/17/14 - 08/23/14 (5 days). I was charged Total New Charges $49.25 and gave Total Payments & Adjustments 3.00CR. My account balance was down to Balance $167.15CR.

I analyzed the 2 bills and could not understand why I was charged twice in a month. I only can image the 2nd bill has wrong cycle date 08/17/14 - 08/23/14 that SHOULD BE 08/17/14 - 09/16/14 (a month). I charted with AT&T representive and got a call from them, we were on the same page and thought the 2nd bill should be for another month so Bill Cycle Date is wrong. The people in chart group said they can not change it and have to transfer me to payment department.

When a AT&T representive with name Aseneth (case# for this call is [Edited for privacy.]) took my call, we are never on the same page. She said the 2nd bill is to give me cedit not a monthly bill. I told her if the 2nd bill gave me a credit, my account balance should be more than $213.40CR. Why my account Balance is only $167.15CR? This is very simple math caculation. How can AT&T make me believe what they said!!! We have to end the call because we do not believe what each said!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Did you make any changes to your account in August?  Or perhaps request that your billing date be changed?  Generally, you get charged for a partial billing cycle if you make changes.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Good367- We can only guess at what is going on. On the surface, it looks to me like you requested a different due date (to line up with when $$ are available to you). The second bill moved the cycle out & charged you for the nine days difference. Lowering your credit.

If you cannot figure it out from the two bills & you cannot get someone to explain it, send a PM to attcustomercare with your details via this link - https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I did not and will not make any change for my account since I put my order. I stick with my original order to the end of the contract!

Thank you for your help

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The common sense is I will pay the bill month by month because my service and account is the same since I put the order. I could not understand the 2nd bill with cycle date 08/17/14 - 08/23/14 shows bill details "Monthly Charges - Aug 24 thru Sep 23". From common sense I believe 2nd bill has wrong cycle date!! It should be 08/17/14 - 09/16/14. But someone in AT&T thought this is wrong cycle date and It should be corrected to 08/17/14 - 09/16/14. and someone in AT&T thought the 2nd bill gave me a credit (I could not understand, after analyzed my account, someone could still say gave me a credit!!!! How someone still can say I gave you 3.00CR and took arround $50.00 away from you???? This is giving you credit?????).

Have sent it to https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Thank you for your help!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Got a call from AT&T Social Media Manager Tony. He is very professional and did a great job. We are quickly on the same page after I gave him a brief. Tony created a case# 9**** that changed the billing cycle back to my original cycle : Aug.17 to Sept.16. Also, by the system limition, he can not change the current bill (Aug.17 to Aug.23 : 6 days charged me 1 month fee) but the next bill will be short and ends at Sept.16 without any charge because the current bill already charged me 1 month fee. Thank Tony very much!!!

He also found the reason that someone changed my order on Aug. 28, 2014. I am sure I and my family DID NOT change anything with AT&T services since I put my original AT&T services order online. Who did this??? This is not the first time for my AT&T services. AT&T SHOULD find it because my AT&T original order and services were changed by SOMEONE without any authorization! Those unauthorized changes created so many mistakes since I put my orinigal order. They wasted me and AT&T so much time and cost to communicate each other to fix those mistakes.

If AT&T will not find "who did those unauthorized changes", I assume the unauthorized changes will repeat and I will have to call AT&T again and again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.