Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 9, 2014
7:45:05 AM
View profile
need return authorization number - on hold 1 hour 50 minutes
Edited by Taylarie on May 9, 2014 at 7:51:43 AM

AT&T sent us modem that my husband told the customer service representative not to send.  The instructions that came with say to phone 1-800-288-2020 for a return authorization number.  We have phoned on 2 separate occasions.  The first time, we were on hold 45 minutes and finally gave up.  Today I am on hold 1 hour and 47 minutes, still with no response from AT&T.  

How can I obtain a return authorization number?  It is not reasonable to expect customers to wait on hold for 2 hours.  This is deplorable customer service.

Please advise.

Christine

[Edited for privacy.]

AT&T sent us modem that my husband told the customer service representative not to send.  The instructions that came with say to phone 1-800-288-2020 for a return authorization number.  We have phoned on 2 separate occasions.  The first time, we were on hold 45 minutes and finally gave up.  Today I am on hold 1 hour and 47 minutes, still with no response from AT&T.  

How can I obtain a return authorization number?  It is not reasonable to expect customers to wait on hold for 2 hours.  This is deplorable customer service.

Please advise.

Christine

[Edited for privacy.]

need return authorization number - on hold 1 hour 50 minutes

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2014 11:59:02 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @christinewehman,

I apologize for the issues you are having getting the return authorization number and for the inconveniences for the unwanted modem. We will send you a private message to gather some account information and get you a return label.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @christinewehman,

I apologize for the issues you are having getting the return authorization number and for the inconveniences for the unwanted modem. We will send you a private message to gather some account information and get you a return label.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: need return authorization number - on hold 1 hour 50 minutes

2 of 2 (160 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments