Get the myAT&T app
stephenatrs's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 7:37 PM

how to return 2WIRE router

I am trying to return the router after cancelling my service with Uverse. After 3 calls, the service rep gave me an order # but the UPS store showed me the list of items that can be returned and the router is not one of them. One of the reps said that I need to return the router; the 2nd rep said that they dont give out pre-paid envelopes. There is no competent supervisor anymore. This is makes it impossible to go to back to AT&T if they make it a nightmare to cancel

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@rob2290 wrote:
Hello, I'm having this exact problem and I was told I need to return my uverse equipment (I have 2wire i38HG , iNID system) I took them to UPS store and they said they can't accept this model number. Talked a few time with customer service about the return but they were not helpful. How do I proceed about the return and do I need to send all the complete system (the gray out door box, battery holder and i38HG) or just the i38HG router? Someone please help. Thanks.

From the equipment return letter:

No - Do not return this equipment:
• The Inside Unit (Model# i38HG)*
• Backup Batteries* are customer-owned equipment (not rentals) and should not be returned to AT&T.
• AT&T U-verse TV Easy Find Remote Control (www.att.com/remotes)
• AT&T U-verse TV Point Anywhere RF Remote Control (www.att.com/remotes)
• Xbox 360 Kit, including the Microsoft Xbox Media Remote Control, and Motorola HPNA Adapter.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26904686-Who-owns-the-Uverse-hardware-

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

stephenatrs - Post your model router. If someone cannot answer you can ask Alex in a PM. I am thinking you only need to return 3800 & 3801. But, that is a guess. Did you pay $100 for it initially?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Here is the link to Alex's profile so you can send him a PM if you decide to.

http://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/318276

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

Some routers are purchased at the beginning of service.  Some are rented or included in the service fee.  The former do not need to be returned.  That is why a previous posted asked for your router model number.

You should have recieved clear instructions from AT&T when you disconnected about what to return and an ID to give the folks at the UPS store so they could tell you what was expected.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

GR (Gateway Router) i38GH. I cannot recall if I paid for it but the cust svc said that I only had to return that and not the Power Box and so I believe I might have just leased it. I do recall paying $ 149 up front and I am suspecting that I purchased it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you kindly!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

1st cust svc rep told me to just take it to the UPS but they would not take it witout Order # and rightly so. 2nd Cust svc rep gave me order # but UPS did not have it on their list of returned items. I am suspecting that the i38 routers are always purchased. Very few AT&T svc reps give clear instructions.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

The i38 is not really a full RG, but a switch/Access Point that works with the real RG in the iNID.

I'm not really familiar with the return policies on it.  Maybe someone else will chime in?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I'm having this exact problem and I was told I need to return my uverse equipment (I have 2wire i38HG , iNID system) I took them to UPS store and they said they can't accept this model number. Talked a few time with customer service about the return but they were not helpful. How do I proceed about the return and do I need to send all the complete system (the gray out door box, battery holder and i38HG) or just the i38HG router? Someone please help. Thanks.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Can anyone please assist me..please. Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.