Get the myAT&T app
ballet022's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 6:11 PM

Closed

customer service

I am writing to vent my frustration with your customer service department. I contacted them yesterday (9/10/12) and spoke with Mrs. Baldwin. I had some questuions pertaining to my bill. I was curious to know why the bill was so expensive. I signed up for the $145.00 Uverse plan and my bill is over 20% higher. I had budgeted for a modest 10% tax. I know the tax is not something that can be adjusted, but there are some fees that I would like to have waived. My bill came out to $178.42 and I was curious to know why. Mrs. Baldwin seemed to be a bit upset when I asked how much my daily rate was so that I can make future billing estimations. She replied "we only give monthly rates" and seemed angry. I then asked for a supervisor and I was told I would be speaking with Joy. I was transferred to a voicemail. I left a message and was not called back. I am upset with the customer service that I received, especially due to the fact that I am just trying to iron out my billing and that I am new to the U-verse community.
Also, as I got home yesterday, I noticed that my telephone, my internet and my cable were not working. I contacted support and a technician was dispatched to my home. I was told that the issue was with the service and not my home. I was contacted by a technician today and advised that it has been turned back on. I have not been able to verify this as of yet. I really enjoy the U-verse, but I don't want to have the disruption in service on a regular basis. I am already being pressured by family members to change back to Comcast cable. 

Please have someone contact me in reference to my bill and poor service

Thank you,
Brian

[edited for privacy]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Please see the link below about understanding your first bill:  

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260&cv=813&_requestid=736595#fbid=kiklI1T8LCl

If you still have questions, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum. Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

I agree with TG, send Alex a PM he will get you to the right person to resolve your issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

12 years ago

@ballet022 wrote:

I am writing to vent my frustration with your customer service department. I contacted them yesterday (9/10/12) and spoke with Mrs. Baldwin. I had some questuions pertaining to my bill. I was curious to know why the bill was so expensive. I signed up for the $145.00 Uverse plan and my bill is over 20% higher. I had budgeted for a modest 10% tax. I know the tax is not something that can be adjusted, but there are some fees that I would like to have waived. My bill came out to $178.42 and I was curious to know why. Mrs. Baldwin seemed to be a bit upset when I asked how much my daily rate was so that I can make future billing estimations. She replied "we only give monthly rates" and seemed angry. I then asked for a supervisor and I was told I would be speaking with Joy. I was transferred to a voicemail. I left a message and was not called back. I am upset with the customer service that I received, especially due to the fact that I am just trying to iron out my billing and that I am new to the U-verse community.
Also, as I got home yesterday, I noticed that my telephone, my internet and my cable were not working. I contacted support and a technician was dispatched to my home. I was told that the issue was with the service and not my home. I was contacted by a technician today and advised that it has been turned back on. I have not been able to verify this as of yet. I really enjoy the U-verse, but I don't want to have the disruption in service on a regular basis. I am already being pressured by family members to change back to Comcast cable. 

Thank you,
Brian

[edited for privacy]

@ballet022 wrote:

Thank you,
Brian

[edited for privacy]

What fees are you seeing on your bill that you would like to be waived? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I would like to add to this post.  I am slightly annoyed at the fact that there is virtually no Customer Service after a time of 5pm.  Some if not most of us have jobs/carreers that demand a higher amount of our time.  I am attempting to call customer service only to find out i have to call back after the day is out, during specific range of hours.  This is of course understandable however i then attempted to try online help, as there is a messege that explains, "Visit our full site for 24x7 online self-support"... only to be redirected to a phone number to call.  Which is currently out of business hours.  Back to square one.  I will have ot resort to getting in touch with customer service from my own source, not of At&t, to resolve my personal issue with my bill.  I would have liked a simpler quicker option. 
If there is, or was, a better solution i would like to resolve my issue with a more personal approach.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

First you drag up a thread that is over 6 months old and post totally incorrect information.  Customer service is open from 8am to 7pm M-F and 8-5 on Saturday. Those hours are for whatever time zone you are in so it's 8-7 in NY and it's 8-7 in Texas and it's 8-7 in California. Those hours are for account information.  Technical support is 24/7/365

Here is where it show exactly who is open and what times.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am adding to this as well...

on 5/19/13 I had my phone switched to the $25 monthly go phone plan.

250 Minutes

Unlimited Data (which I have yet to see)

Unlimited Text (I abuse)

between then and 5/30, I used up all my minutes. 

I went to walmart and purchased another $25 monthly card. Everything listed above is supposed to be on it.

Out $50 bucks at this point.

In the parking lot, I call customer service to add my minutes. after 20 minutes of entering the code on the back of the card I get frustrated because it kept telling me that I was entering it wrong. BULL.

I couldn't go without a phone because I was in the process of being hired into a job, and needed the phone to be called so I can be contacted by the HR lady. 

A few days later, 6/8, I go into a store. The rep I was guided to put the card on my phone in ten seconds. Yay, but What the crud. Really?

Here's the assumption. 

When the $25 MONTHLY card was put on my phone, I had thought that it would update the date that my phone goes out of service. I thought I had until 7/8 to get more money to put on my phone.

Not that I was going to anyway, because due to an earlier miscommunication, I am returning back to Boost Mobile where I have no service at home, but their Customer Service isn't a bunch of chickens with their heads up their rears. I'll shell out $200 bucks for the signal booster, and be happy with my phone company again.

I got hired at the job I was going for, and yesterday, 6/18 I got a text that said my phone would be shut off if I didn't have money on my account. 

WELL since I had just put money on my phone 10 DAYS AGO, I thought I was fine. 

I had used my phone a few times and have $22.60 on it, due to usage

NOPE.

Today while at work I find that they had shutoff my phone due to "Insufficent balance"

HOLD ON.

I just put the $25 MONTHLY card on the phone. That should have extended my time.

Well it didn't

I called their customer service. AGAIN. Their 24 hour center is CLOSED. Hahahahaha!!....

SAYWUTNOW.

So my phone is turned off, and I will not be giving them more money so they can just turn my phone off 10 days after I give them money. I will be going without a phone until I get paid next Friday, because this is my first week at my job, and will turn my Boost phone back on. 

I do not understand how AT&T is still in business. I do NOT reccommend anyone to go them for ANYTHING, cell/home phone, internet. None if it.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hey oufanindallas: Regarding your quote after your signature,let me point out the obvious: bull fighting is NOT a "sport" in any way,shape or form (just like hunting and fishing are not either)..in a REAL sport everyone involved wants to be there and "play" and there is no torture of sentient beings who want to live and deserve to live just as much as you or I do.Bull fighting is the cruel,sadist depraved torture of an innocent animal staged for a bunch of heartless psychopaths with no empathy,compassion or morals. And I know this because I am from Spain and I fight every day to get rid of these horrible "traditions"...might want to reconsider that quote....

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

A bit off topic, but I'll comment on your opinion. I can see where you're coming from with bullfighting. But I must point out that true hunters and fishermen are not even in the same category. True hunters and fishermen are out there to quickly, efficiently, and humanely take a small number of prey for food and other uses. I used to hunt and fish when I was younger, and we always made sure to use/eat a much of the animal as possible, including all the meat, the hide, and even the bones (my uncle used to make knife handles out of them). Any hunter or fisherman who kills and doesn't use the animal is not a sportsman.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@tam1904 wrote:

Hey oufanindallas: Regarding your quote after your signature,let me point out the obvious: bull fighting is NOT a "sport" in any way,shape or form (just like hunting and fishing are not either)..in a REAL sport everyone involved wants to be there and "play" and there is no torture of sentient beings who want to live and deserve to live just as much as you or I do.Bull fighting is the cruel,sadist depraved torture of an innocent animal staged for a bunch of heartless psychopaths with no empathy,compassion or morals. And I know this because I am from Spain and I fight every day to get rid of these horrible "traditions"...might want to reconsider that quote....

Sorry, I'm not changing my quote as I find Hemingway one of the greatest authors around and to misquote him would do injustice.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

Sorry, I'm not changing my quote as I find Hemingway one of the greatest authors around and to misquote him would do injustice.

Kinda like that 'ole Bill Shakespeare. 

Why'd he have to write everything so darn funny?  Nobody really talks like that.  Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.