Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 23, 2012
2:55:22 PM
can the uverse dvr record short clips and not an entire show from the beginning

Is it possible to record short clips using the UVerse DVR?  So far, any attempt to record a short clip results in the DVR recording the entire program from the beginning of the program, even though the recording was initiated quite far into viewing the show.  The DISH DVR that I used before changing to UVerse allows starting and stopping of a segment at any time, and records EXACTLY that amount and no more.  Is it possible for the UVerse DVR to do this?

Is it possible to record short clips using the UVerse DVR?  So far, any attempt to record a short clip results in the DVR recording the entire program from the beginning of the program, even though the recording was initiated quite far into viewing the show.  The DISH DVR that I used before changing to UVerse allows starting and stopping of a segment at any time, and records EXACTLY that amount and no more.  Is it possible for the UVerse DVR to do this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2012 3:07:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can set up a manual recording and input the start and stop time of your choosing.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

can the uverse dvr record short clips and not an entire show from the beginning

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2012 3:07:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can set up a manual recording and input the start and stop time of your choosing.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: can the uverse dvr record short clips and not an entire show from the beginning

2 of 2 (1,073 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments