Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Nov 6, 2012
2:00:35 PM
View profile
caller id

With Uverse Voice can I get caller Id on my computer that is using uverse Internet?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 6, 2012 2:23:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
fploof - Not directly.

You can set your U-verse voice account to forward to e-mail when a message is left. But, be aware you only get the tel number. The identity portion is stripped for "privacy".

You can google for enhancing the computer to connect to any tel jack to display caller ID data from the jack. e.g phonetray.com

att has apps - http://www.att.com/esupport/vmviewer/

But, they are for messages - not every call.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

caller id

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 6, 2012 2:23:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
fploof - Not directly.

You can set your U-verse voice account to forward to e-mail when a message is left. But, be aware you only get the tel number. The identity portion is stripped for "privacy".

You can google for enhancing the computer to connect to any tel jack to display caller ID data from the jack. e.g phonetray.com

att has apps - http://www.att.com/esupport/vmviewer/

But, they are for messages - not every call.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: caller id

2 of 3 (763 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2012 2:24:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:25:38 PM

fploof wrote:

With Uverse Voice can I get caller Id on my computer that is using uverse Internet?

No, sorry.  Not available but it would be cool.  Smiley LOL

I get the email alert that someone left a message but no Caller ID per se.

Re: caller id

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (763 Views)