For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Friday, August 17th, 2012 4:29 PM

Wiring

Are companies allowed to bring a coax line from where your cables are all located around the siding of your house then drill a hole to bring it in?

1) Do they install an outlet on your wall?

2) Do they seal it with something so nothing gets in?

3) Is there any difference in internet performance from coax ran outside to coax ran around walls inside?

4)Related to ^. Does weather cause problems with coax installed like that?(As we are in the North East)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Yes

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. Any wiring, whether it be inside or outside your house can wear over time.  I don't know how much more susceptible to wear wiring would be exposed to the elements as opposed to being outside.  How fast does wiring deteriorate hung on the electrical poles?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Usually for outdoor wiring, the insulation/jacket on the wire needs to be rated for UV (ultraviolet) exposure. Non-UV rated wire will dry out and crack when exposed to prolonged sunlight.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

On the outside of your house they "should" run direct burial cable and it will probably last the life of the house.  They do make an indoor/outdoor cable but it's not as good as the prior. 

"Typically" the black colored cable is for indoor/outdoor use while on the other hand white is for indoor only.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Texas :). Oh and I was thinking about the whole pole wiring thing but wasn't sure if they used special wire or something Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

On my 3rd TV, in the bedroom, it appeared the wires we old and had a connection issue. I have new wires but do not remember what the T V should look like. Do u have a guide?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.