Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 7, 2013
8:07:29 AM
View profile
Why does my bill change every month?

Why does my bill change every month? After 5 yrs I am almost ready to leave for good. Anyone feel my pain? All I want is the same stuff for the same price, no offers , no extra frills for 90 days just good service with consistent billing . $200 a month for Uverse 300 bundle ? Are you kidding me? Please, I need help, or I am gone.

Why does my bill change every month? After 5 yrs I am almost ready to leave for good. Anyone feel my pain? All I want is the same stuff for the same price, no offers , no extra frills for 90 days just good service with consistent billing . $200 a month for Uverse 300 bundle ? Are you kidding me? Please, I need help, or I am gone.

Why does my bill change every month?

14 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:17:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
stillunhappy2008 - If your bill changes without reason, a CSR can explain it. My bill has only changed a few times in the same time period & I know exactly why. So, no I do not feel your pain. If I do not like any bill I call the biller & find out. If you cannot get a good answer, send a message to attcustomercare.
stillunhappy2008 - If your bill changes without reason, a CSR can explain it. My bill has only changed a few times in the same time period & I know exactly why. So, no I do not feel your pain. If I do not like any bill I call the biller & find out. If you cannot get a good answer, send a message to attcustomercare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why does my bill change every month?

2 of 15 (4,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 10:44:52 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am done talking to csrs . One does this and another does that and the end
result is a higher bill every month. I don't need promos or anything else,
just consistent billing which I have never had.

3 of 15 (4,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 12:55:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

When you say "higher bill every month" what are you saying pennies or dollars or more?

When you say "higher bill every month" what are you saying pennies or dollars or more?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 15 (4,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 6:25:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Agreed.  You're bill should be within a couple of dollars each month depending on how many days are in the billing cycle unless you are order PPV or On Demand rentals.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Agreed.  You're bill should be within a couple of dollars each month depending on how many days are in the billing cycle unless you are order PPV or On Demand rentals.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

5 of 15 (4,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 8:57:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

stillunhappy2008 wrote:

You need to go "above the normal CSR."  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Unless promo's are expiring, you are ordering PPV's and the like, it should not fluctuate. 

stillunhappy2008 wrote:

You need to go "above the normal CSR."  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Unless promo's are expiring, you are ordering PPV's and the like, it should not fluctuate. 

6 of 15 (3,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 6:56:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

I thought that I was the only one to have this problem.  I just paid the higher bill again after on chat turned me over to a telephone number and I called it, then she turned me to a person I could not understand, so I told him to forget it and I would pay the bill and have it fixed for the October bill.  It was already supposed to be fixed for this month.

I thought that I was the only one to have this problem.  I just paid the higher bill again after on chat turned me over to a telephone number and I called it, then she turned me to a person I could not understand, so I told him to forget it and I would pay the bill and have it fixed for the October bill.  It was already supposed to be fixed for this month.

7 of 15 (3,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 6:58:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Dollars. $17.00 since I contracted for U-verse. This month it is $10.00 more.

Dollars. $17.00 since I contracted for U-verse. This month it is $10.00 more.

8 of 15 (3,851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:01:40 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you. I'll try another contact - the one you posted. I don't hold out a lot of hope for a solution, but I am trusting the Lord because He led me this far.
Thank you. I'll try another contact - the one you posted. I don't hold out a lot of hope for a solution, but I am trusting the Lord because He led me this far.

9 of 15 (3,851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 12:49:56 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jerry+deb+bren+…,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi jerry+deb+bren+…,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

10 of 15 (3,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 12:26:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,  I experience this same problem.  However, the service in question is my home phone service.  My bill fluctuates each month.  I only have regular home phone service and internet.  So, I would think the charges would be the same.  No long distance.  I too have called CSRs and have not been able to get an understandable explanation.  It takes much time to first get through to a rep and I've just given up on getting a valid explanation. 

Hi,  I experience this same problem.  However, the service in question is my home phone service.  My bill fluctuates each month.  I only have regular home phone service and internet.  So, I would think the charges would be the same.  No long distance.  I too have called CSRs and have not been able to get an understandable explanation.  It takes much time to first get through to a rep and I've just given up on getting a valid explanation. 

11 of 15 (3,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 12:47:22 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello, Uverse VOIP 250 or unlimited? I consider "regular home phone" to be 250 minute plan.
If 250 plan are you using more minutes than plan allows resulting in overage charges per minutes,
If one month use 240 minutes, next 280 and the third month 310 minutes, the bills will be different.
Note: on 250 plan both incoming and outgoing minutes count including local numbers.
The only minutes that do not count are 800 numbers and calls from and to other Uverse Voip numbers.

If this is the case changing your plan to unlimited for just $10 per month more should provide constant billing.
Hello, Uverse VOIP 250 or unlimited? I consider "regular home phone" to be 250 minute plan.
If 250 plan are you using more minutes than plan allows resulting in overage charges per minutes,
If one month use 240 minutes, next 280 and the third month 310 minutes, the bills will be different.
Note: on 250 plan both incoming and outgoing minutes count including local numbers.
The only minutes that do not count are 800 numbers and calls from and to other Uverse Voip numbers.

If this is the case changing your plan to unlimited for just $10 per month more should provide constant billing.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 15 (3,586 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 3:07:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

mnid116 wrote:

I assume you mean a landline phone (POTS) and DSL. Those bills are incredibly detail (almost to a fault).

When you look at the bill, what charges are different?

mnid116 wrote:

I assume you mean a landline phone (POTS) and DSL. Those bills are incredibly detail (almost to a fault).

13 of 15 (3,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 2:58:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

Same here. I have landline, DISH and DSL bundled, and every couple of monts it has gone up from pennies to deveral dollars. I filed a complaint with the PSC but AT&T basically owns them, so it was explained away. It just went up ANOTHER five bucks since last month!

Same here. I have landline, DISH and DSL bundled, and every couple of monts it has gone up from pennies to deveral dollars. I filed a complaint with the PSC but AT&T basically owns them, so it was explained away. It just went up ANOTHER five bucks since last month!

14 of 15 (3,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 3:18:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

POPaulie wrote:

POPaulie wrote:

15 of 15 (2,980 Views)