Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 18, 2014
5:38:46 AM
Uverse service

Hello!

I have used AT&T service for quite sometime and moved to another location in Springfield, MO to find out that AT&T Uverse is not available in my neighborhood. I'm not really sure why you don't as quite a lot of areas around my neighborhood have Uverse. I would really like Uverse and unfortunately have to go with another company until otherwise.

-Elliott1113

Hello!

I have used AT&T service for quite sometime and moved to another location in Springfield, MO to find out that AT&T Uverse is not available in my neighborhood. I'm not really sure why you don't as quite a lot of areas around my neighborhood have Uverse. I would really like Uverse and unfortunately have to go with another company until otherwise.

-Elliott1113

Uverse service

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 6:05:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jul 19, 2014 at 6:11:04 PM

Unluckily Uverse does not serve eveyone: 

AT&T is scheduled to reach 30 million U-verse homes passed by the end of the year (2011) with their U-Verse service, or roughly 55-60% of their homes. They will virtually stop there according to President John Stankey speaking at Citibank, who announced 55-60% as their ultimate goal.

He suggested that 25-30% of AT&T homes will only be offered ADSL. 20% are "not a heavy emphasis for investment," i.e. 5-10 million of AT&T's 50 million homes are screwed unless they have a decent cable alternative. (Yes, rounding means not necessarily equal to 100 %.)
www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATTs-Stankey-Uverse-Build-Virtually-Over-114279?r=0.115303936918405

But things might be bright for the future:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services.

The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Unluckily Uverse does not serve eveyone: 

AT&T is scheduled to reach 30 million U-verse homes passed by the end of the year (2011) with their U-Verse service, or roughly 55-60% of their homes. They will virtually stop there according to President John Stankey speaking at Citibank, who announced 55-60% as their ultimate goal.

He suggested that 25-30% of AT&T homes will only be offered ADSL. 20% are "not a heavy emphasis for investment," i.e. 5-10 million of AT&T's 50 million homes are screwed unless they have a decent cable alternative. (Yes, rounding means not necessarily equal to 100 %.)
www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATTs-Stankey-Uverse-Build-Virtually-Over-114279?r=0.115303936918405

But things might be bright for the future:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services.

The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse service

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (92 Views)