For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
trixi16's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 1:47 PM

Uverse Promotional Period End and No Good Promotion for Existing Customer

Why does a new customer get a better deal with AT&T than a customer who has already been with them.  It is like they are not trying to retain us.  I found a deal online for a new customer and since my promotional period has ended I thought I could ask for that deal but NO.  I have been calling in for the past month trying to get a better promotional deal to stay with AT&T and have not gotten close to the deal that I had as a new customer.  At this point, I honestly just want to switch companies since it does not appear that AT&T cares about their existing customers. I do not feel like I need to call multiple times and threaten to leave to get a good deal.  I should be getting a good deal the first time I call.  My contract is ending on the 3rd and most likely my service forever with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Bear in mind that those new customers are going to be in the same boat as you at the end of their promotional period.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

A lot of the new customer rates are so good because those new customers have to pay to get out of their current contracts. What they're really doing is paying (in a roundabout way) the new customer to get out of their old contract.

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

For what it is worth, we have been with AT&T U-verse since April 2010 in one way or another. For about a year, we had TV and internet, and then for about 1.5 years we had to drop down to just internet to match our budget. In October 2012, I ramped back up to TV at almost full retail. I think we had $15 off for 6 months. By May 2014, due to typical increases, the bill was ramped up to an uncomfortable level. So I called and mentioned that I had been paying full retail for almost a year and would like to receive their best offer. I asked for a contract period since I am very satisfied with AT&T U-verse and do not plan on switching.

Long story-short, by proving 4 year loyalty to U-verse and by asking to locked in to a 1-year contract, AT&T graciously dropped our bill from $160 to $120 with a small bump to $135.

After my current promotional contract expires, I plan on riding full retail for about 12 months and then asking for a long term contract again. Maybe, riding full retail for a while and then asking again is your best bet.

I hope you have success in your endevors.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Spaz,

I think I want to try this. I'm don't even want a promotional price, but I would at least like a price lock for a year.

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

djames82,

I mistyped. It wasn't a true "price lock" of total bill as the base retail rates did increase, as is typical. I have noticed base retail rates increase about every 3 - 6 months. Maybe $1-$5 each period. However, we received promotional discounts for a full 12 months on both tv (promo - $21 off ) and internet (promo - $15 off). Of course, this might not work anymore, but I think it was kind of AT&T to offer the promotional rates at the time.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T is no different than any other provider, they all do it. I had TWC for over 10 years and when the rates got too much to bear they offered me a whopping $10 off for 6 months. So I switched to U-verse. I will probably do like a friend of mine does and when the promotional price ends with U-verse I will switch back to cable and when that ends switch back to U-verse. One uses coax (TWC) while the other uses Cat5 (U-verse) so just a matter of switching out equipment.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue. You would think after being a good customer and paying your bills they would want to keep you as a customer. I don't like the fact they promise you everything when you sign up and not to worry. They are as bad as a car salesman

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

OK - Starting in May 2015, I am going to let my bill roll to full retail rates and I antipate a few increases in the base rates over the next 12 months. In May 2016, I plan on asking for a discount for existing customers. Come back in May/June 2016, and I will try to let you know my results.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Good luck. My bill would almost double with the figure they gave me. That isn't how you should treat a good customer. I'm going to have to fire AT&T and go with someone else. Seems like they could do something to make their rates a little more resonable.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.