Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 20, 2013
4:35:09 AM
View profile
Uverse Internet signup with Earthlink DSL

I just signed up for Uverse internet with self install online.  I currently have Earthlink DSL, and got a message during signup I needed to cancel the Earthlink DSL.  Do I need to cancel my Earthlink service now, or will I be notified a date to have it canceled by?  I have only gotten the order confirmation email so far.

Thanks.

I just signed up for Uverse internet with self install online.  I currently have Earthlink DSL, and got a message during signup I needed to cancel the Earthlink DSL.  Do I need to cancel my Earthlink service now, or will I be notified a date to have it canceled by?  I have only gotten the order confirmation email so far.

Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 20, 2013 4:55:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
TJ66 - Previous posts seem to indicate that att will not issue an order until they can verify your line is clear. Until it is clear, Earthlink "owns" your line.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Uverse Internet signup with Earthlink DSL

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 20, 2013 4:43:55 AM
(0)
Tutor
Sorry for the quick post. I got an email that I need to cancel current DSL service to complete order. Then notify when done within 10 days.
Sorry for the quick post. I got an email that I need to cancel current DSL service to complete order. Then notify when done within 10 days.

Re: Uverse Internet signup with Earthlink DSL

2 of 5 (2,855 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 20, 2013 4:55:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
TJ66 - Previous posts seem to indicate that att will not issue an order until they can verify your line is clear. Until it is clear, Earthlink "owns" your line.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (2,848 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 5:07:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes it appears that way. I also plan to cancel my ATT home phone (POTS). I wonder if I can even cancel it without removing the Earthlink DSLfirst? I know the DSL will not work without the phone service.
Yes it appears that way. I also plan to cancel my ATT home phone (POTS). I wonder if I can even cancel it without removing the Earthlink DSLfirst? I know the DSL will not work without the phone service.

4 of 5 (2,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 8:16:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I found this on Earthlinks Website:

Do I need to have home phone service to get EarthLink DSL?
In most locations, DSL service requires that you have an active  home phone line. In locations where Verizon provides local phone service, we  are able to offer what we call Freestanding DSL. This money-saving option gives you  broadband Internet access without an active phone line. Enter your address and phone number on the main DSL or  Internet Access page of this site to see your DSL availability options

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I found this on Earthlinks Website:

Do I need to have home phone service to get EarthLink DSL?
In most locations, DSL service requires that you have an active  home phone line. In locations where Verizon provides local phone service, we  are able to offer what we call Freestanding DSL. This money-saving option gives you  broadband Internet access without an active phone line. Enter your address and phone number on the main DSL or  Internet Access page of this site to see your DSL availability options

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

5 of 5 (2,793 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments