Reply
Posted Sep 17, 2012
3:31:11 PM
UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2012 4:37:32 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?



You don't have to be physically at the gateway to restart it. There is a place in the user interface to restart/reset the RG, so any device than can access the RG's interface can restart it from anywhere in the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
3,547 views
50 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(50)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 6:50:04 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

31 of 51 (4,281 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 7:57:39 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

 

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.asp...


Then why whenever I search PACE's American website it doesn't show up with that model number and instead the 3801HGV is the only one with the latest revision that looks like it. It doesn't even show up on the international site either or in the support search. I have posted pictures to prove my point of which model numbers they offer, and none of them are a 4111N.


pace1.jpg

pace2.jpgpace3.jpgpace4.jpgpace5.jpgpace6.jpgpace7.jpgpace8.jpgpace9.jpgpace10.jpgpace11.jpgpace12.jpgpace13.jpgpace14.jpgpace15.jpg


texasguy37 wrote:

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

 

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.aspx


Then why whenever I search PACE's American website it doesn't show up with that model number and instead the 3801HGV is the only one with the latest revision that looks like it. It doesn't even show up on the international site either or in the support search. I have posted pictures to prove my point of which model numbers they offer, and none of them are a 4111N.


pace1.jpg

pace2.jpgpace3.jpgpace4.jpgpace5.jpgpace6.jpgpace7.jpgpace8.jpgpace9.jpgpace10.jpgpace11.jpgpace12.jpgpace13.jpgpace14.jpgpace15.jpg

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

32 of 51 (4,262 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 11:45:59 AM
0
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:05:17 PM

RFRO,

 

OK, you have a lot of things going on here, so I'll try to address each one.

 

First, Pace (who bought 2Wire) is a company that makes some modems/gateways for sale to end customers, but that's not their primary business.  They primarily provide modems/routers/gateways to other companies that are built to a particular specification with custom firmware that they requested.  This is what AT&T has done ... AT&T contracts with Pace/2Wire to manufacture modems/gateways for all of AT&T's xDSL services.

 

When Pace builds a modem/gateway like this to a contracted specification, there is no guarantee that it will appear on their website.  The 4111N is such a device.  It is built by Pace for AT&T, but is not a model that is sold to end customers.  Thus, this is why you can't find much information about it, and also why it doesn't appear on the Pace website.

 

Second, AT&T uses the term "U-Verse" as a marketing term that encompasses many different products and technologies.  The underlying technologies AT&T is using are different for different locations throughout the country, different locations throughout a single city, and different depending on what service is provided.  AT&T is providing ADSL2+ service under the "U-Verse" label, this service is limited to just Internet (and just recently, Internet + voice-over-IP).  AT&T is also providing VDSL2 service under the "U-Verse" label ... this service provides Internet, VOIP and IPTV.  Different modems/gateways are specifically used for each service.

 

For ADSL2+ service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire 2701, Motorola 2210, Motorola NVG510, and the (brand new) 2Wire/Pace 4111N.

 

For VDSL2 service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire/Pace 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V (iNID).  In addition, the 3600HGV can be used on a VDSL circuit for a non-IPTV customer.

 

I am the author of the UV Realtime software that was pointed out to you earlier in the thread (that does not contain a virus, by the way).  UV Realtime gathers statistics from each modem/gateway that it is run against, and reports those statistics to my database to help me improve the product and understand new modems/routers that are rolled out.

 

In my database right now are 9 entries for the 4111N.  Each one of them shows a max rate in the 8-13 Mbps range, and various profile rates of 6/0.75, 3/0.5, and 1.5/0.375.  These are ADSL2+ numbers, similar to what the Motorola 2210 and NVG510 modems deliver.  Thus, I conclude that the 4111N is definitely an ADSL2+ modem, suitable for use on AT&T's U-Verse service with Internet and VOIP only.  This modem will NOT connect on VDSL2, and therefore will NOT receive IPTV.

 

The hardware revisions listed in my database for all 9 entries show that the hardware is a variation of the 2701 hardware.  Thus, I also conclude that just like the similar-looking VDSL2 gateway known as the 3801HGV is a 2nd-generation version of the 3800HGV-B, the 4111N is a 2nd-generation version of the 2701.

 

So this set of facts brings us to this conclusion:

 

If you have U-Verse service where you are supposed to have IPTV (which seems likely considering you say you have an AT&T DVR running Windows CE), then AT&T should never have sent you a 4111N, because it is incompatible with your system.

 

Another conclusion that you must face is that since the only modems/gateways that are compatible with your system are the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V, and all of them use 802.11g, there is no AT&T modem/gateway that will get you 802.11n.  To get 802.11n in your home, you will have to purchase and install a 3rd-party router or wireless access point.

 

You say they sent you the 4111N after you complained that your existing gateway did not have 802.11n wireless.  What gateway did you have before, and what is its status?  Is it installed and working?

 

To permanently fix your issues, including getting you the correct gateway for your system, getting your DVR working, and getting you the proper remotes, you need to contact Alex, our community manager.  He will arrange a tech to come to your house and fix all of this.  Send him a private message by clicking on the link to his name.

 

 

RFRO,

 

OK, you have a lot of things going on here, so I'll try to address each one.

 

First, Pace (who bought 2Wire) is a company that makes some modems/gateways for sale to end customers, but that's not their primary business.  They primarily provide modems/routers/gateways to other companies that are built to a particular specification with custom firmware that they requested.  This is what AT&T has done ... AT&T contracts with Pace/2Wire to manufacture modems/gateways for all of AT&T's xDSL services.

 

When Pace builds a modem/gateway like this to a contracted specification, there is no guarantee that it will appear on their website.  The 4111N is such a device.  It is built by Pace for AT&T, but is not a model that is sold to end customers.  Thus, this is why you can't find much information about it, and also why it doesn't appear on the Pace website.

 

Second, AT&T uses the term "U-Verse" as a marketing term that encompasses many different products and technologies.  The underlying technologies AT&T is using are different for different locations throughout the country, different locations throughout a single city, and different depending on what service is provided.  AT&T is providing ADSL2+ service under the "U-Verse" label, this service is limited to just Internet (and just recently, Internet + voice-over-IP).  AT&T is also providing VDSL2 service under the "U-Verse" label ... this service provides Internet, VOIP and IPTV.  Different modems/gateways are specifically used for each service.

 

For ADSL2+ service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire 2701, Motorola 2210, Motorola NVG510, and the (brand new) 2Wire/Pace 4111N.

 

For VDSL2 service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire/Pace 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V (iNID).  In addition, the 3600HGV can be used on a VDSL circuit for a non-IPTV customer.

 

I am the author of the UV Realtime software that was pointed out to you earlier in the thread (that does not contain a virus, by the way).  UV Realtime gathers statistics from each modem/gateway that it is run against, and reports those statistics to my database to help me improve the product and understand new modems/routers that are rolled out.

 

In my database right now are 9 entries for the 4111N.  Each one of them shows a max rate in the 8-13 Mbps range, and various profile rates of 6/0.75, 3/0.5, and 1.5/0.375.  These are ADSL2+ numbers, similar to what the Motorola 2210 and NVG510 modems deliver.  Thus, I conclude that the 4111N is definitely an ADSL2+ modem, suitable for use on AT&T's U-Verse service with Internet and VOIP only.  This modem will NOT connect on VDSL2, and therefore will NOT receive IPTV.

 

The hardware revisions listed in my database for all 9 entries show that the hardware is a variation of the 2701 hardware.  Thus, I also conclude that just like the similar-looking VDSL2 gateway known as the 3801HGV is a 2nd-generation version of the 3800HGV-B, the 4111N is a 2nd-generation version of the 2701.

 

So this set of facts brings us to this conclusion:

 

If you have U-Verse service where you are supposed to have IPTV (which seems likely considering you say you have an AT&T DVR running Windows CE), then AT&T should never have sent you a 4111N, because it is incompatible with your system.

 

Another conclusion that you must face is that since the only modems/gateways that are compatible with your system are the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V, and all of them use 802.11g, there is no AT&T modem/gateway that will get you 802.11n.  To get 802.11n in your home, you will have to purchase and install a 3rd-party router or wireless access point.

 

You say they sent you the 4111N after you complained that your existing gateway did not have 802.11n wireless.  What gateway did you have before, and what is its status?  Is it installed and working?

 

To permanently fix your issues, including getting you the correct gateway for your system, getting your DVR working, and getting you the proper remotes, you need to contact Alex, our community manager.  He will arrange a tech to come to your house and fix all of this.  Send him a private message by clicking on the link to his name.

 

 

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
33 of 51 (4,230 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 2:34:08 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

RFRO,

 

OK, you have a lot of things going on here, so I'll try to address each one.

 

First, Pace (who bought 2Wire) is a company that makes some modems/gateways for sale to end customers, but that's not their primary business.  They primarily provide modems/routers/gateways to other companies that are built to a particular specification with custom firmware that they requested.  This is what AT&T has done ... AT&T contracts with Pace/2Wire to manufacture modems/gateways for all of AT&T's xDSL services.

 

When Pace builds a modem/gateway like this to a contracted specification, there is no guarantee that it will appear on their website.  The 4111N is such a device.  It is built by Pace for AT&T, but is not a model that is sold to end customers.  Thus, this is why you can't find much information about it, and also why it doesn't appear on the Pace website.

 

Second, AT&T uses the term "U-Verse" as a marketing term that encompasses many different products and technologies.  The underlying technologies AT&T is using are different for different locations throughout the country, different locations throughout a single city, and different depending on what service is provided.  AT&T is providing ADSL2+ service under the "U-Verse" label, this service is limited to just Internet (and just recently, Internet + voice-over-IP).  AT&T is also providing VDSL2 service under the "U-Verse" label ... this service provides Internet, VOIP and IPTV.  Different modems/gateways are specifically used for each service.

 

For ADSL2+ service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire 2701, Motorola 2210, Motorola NVG510, and the (brand new) 2Wire/Pace 4111N.

 

For VDSL2 service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire/Pace 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V (iNID).  In addition, the 3600HGV can be used on a VDSL circuit for a non-IPTV customer.

 

I am the author of the UV Realtime software that was pointed out to you earlier in the thread (that does not contain a virus, by the way).  UV Realtime gathers statistics from each modem/gateway that it is run against, and reports those statistics to my database to help me improve the product and understand new modems/routers that are rolled out.

 

In my database right now are 9 entries for the 4111N.  Each one of them shows a max rate in the 8-13 Mbps range, and various profile rates of 6/0.75, 3/0.5, and 1.5/0.375.  These are ADSL2+ numbers, similar to what the Motorola 2210 and NVG510 modems deliver.  Thus, I conclude that the 4111N is definitely an ADSL2+ modem, suitable for use on AT&T's U-Verse service with Internet and VOIP only.  This modem will NOT connect on VDSL2, and therefore will NOT receive IPTV.

 

The hardware revisions listed in my database for all 9 entries show that the hardware is a variation of the 2701 hardware.  Thus, I also conclude that just like the similar-looking VDSL2 gateway known as the 3801HGV is a 2nd-generation version of the 3800HGV-B, the 4111N is a 2nd-generation version of the 2701.

 

So this set of facts brings us to this conclusion:

 

If you have U-Verse service where you are supposed to have IPTV (which seems likely considering you say you have an AT&T DVR running Windows CE), then AT&T should never have sent you a 4111N, because it is incompatible with your system.

 

Another conclusion that you must face is that since the only modems/gateways that are compatible with your system are the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V, and all of them use 802.11g, there is no AT&T modem/gateway that will get you 802.11n.  To get 802.11n in your home, you will have to purchase and install a 3rd-party router or wireless access point.

 

You say they sent you the 4111N after you complained that your existing gateway did not have 802.11n wireless.  What gateway did you have before, and what is its status?  Is it installed and working?

 

To permanently fix your issues, including getting you the correct gateway for your system, getting your DVR working, and getting you the proper remotes, you need to contact Alex, our community manager.  He will arrange a tech to come to your house and fix all of this.  Send him a private message by clicking on the link to his name.

 

 


They (as stated) actually sent me a 3801HGV which looks exactly the same as the one's people claim are 4111Ns when I asked for a Wireless N router for UVerse. I use to have the older model of the 3801HGV which is no improvement to the newest revision. I saw that you wrote that you are the creator of the software that was suggested, I downloaded it and installed half of it, the other half in the install file would not install because my C++ redistributable is too new.


SomeJoe7777 wrote:

RFRO,

 

OK, you have a lot of things going on here, so I'll try to address each one.

 

First, Pace (who bought 2Wire) is a company that makes some modems/gateways for sale to end customers, but that's not their primary business.  They primarily provide modems/routers/gateways to other companies that are built to a particular specification with custom firmware that they requested.  This is what AT&T has done ... AT&T contracts with Pace/2Wire to manufacture modems/gateways for all of AT&T's xDSL services.

 

When Pace builds a modem/gateway like this to a contracted specification, there is no guarantee that it will appear on their website.  The 4111N is such a device.  It is built by Pace for AT&T, but is not a model that is sold to end customers.  Thus, this is why you can't find much information about it, and also why it doesn't appear on the Pace website.

 

Second, AT&T uses the term "U-Verse" as a marketing term that encompasses many different products and technologies.  The underlying technologies AT&T is using are different for different locations throughout the country, different locations throughout a single city, and different depending on what service is provided.  AT&T is providing ADSL2+ service under the "U-Verse" label, this service is limited to just Internet (and just recently, Internet + voice-over-IP).  AT&T is also providing VDSL2 service under the "U-Verse" label ... this service provides Internet, VOIP and IPTV.  Different modems/gateways are specifically used for each service.

 

For ADSL2+ service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire 2701, Motorola 2210, Motorola NVG510, and the (brand new) 2Wire/Pace 4111N.

 

For VDSL2 service, the modem/routers that can be used are the 2Wire/Pace 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V (iNID).  In addition, the 3600HGV can be used on a VDSL circuit for a non-IPTV customer.

 

I am the author of the UV Realtime software that was pointed out to you earlier in the thread (that does not contain a virus, by the way).  UV Realtime gathers statistics from each modem/gateway that it is run against, and reports those statistics to my database to help me improve the product and understand new modems/routers that are rolled out.

 

In my database right now are 9 entries for the 4111N.  Each one of them shows a max rate in the 8-13 Mbps range, and various profile rates of 6/0.75, 3/0.5, and 1.5/0.375.  These are ADSL2+ numbers, similar to what the Motorola 2210 and NVG510 modems deliver.  Thus, I conclude that the 4111N is definitely an ADSL2+ modem, suitable for use on AT&T's U-Verse service with Internet and VOIP only.  This modem will NOT connect on VDSL2, and therefore will NOT receive IPTV.

 

The hardware revisions listed in my database for all 9 entries show that the hardware is a variation of the 2701 hardware.  Thus, I also conclude that just like the similar-looking VDSL2 gateway known as the 3801HGV is a 2nd-generation version of the 3800HGV-B, the 4111N is a 2nd-generation version of the 2701.

 

So this set of facts brings us to this conclusion:

 

If you have U-Verse service where you are supposed to have IPTV (which seems likely considering you say you have an AT&T DVR running Windows CE), then AT&T should never have sent you a 4111N, because it is incompatible with your system.

 

Another conclusion that you must face is that since the only modems/gateways that are compatible with your system are the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and i3812V, and all of them use 802.11g, there is no AT&T modem/gateway that will get you 802.11n.  To get 802.11n in your home, you will have to purchase and install a 3rd-party router or wireless access point.

 

You say they sent you the 4111N after you complained that your existing gateway did not have 802.11n wireless.  What gateway did you have before, and what is its status?  Is it installed and working?

 

To permanently fix your issues, including getting you the correct gateway for your system, getting your DVR working, and getting you the proper remotes, you need to contact Alex, our community manager.  He will arrange a tech to come to your house and fix all of this.  Send him a private message by clicking on the link to his name.

 

 


They (as stated) actually sent me a 3801HGV which looks exactly the same as the one's people claim are 4111Ns when I asked for a Wireless N router for UVerse. I use to have the older model of the 3801HGV which is no improvement to the newest revision. I saw that you wrote that you are the creator of the software that was suggested, I downloaded it and installed half of it, the other half in the install file would not install because my C++ redistributable is too new.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

34 of 51 (4,176 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 3:13:39 PM
0
(0)
Expert
You can safely go into your Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7) and remove the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime - 10.0.xxxxx

Once you remove this, run the UV Realtime installer again, and it will complete the installation of all components, which includes reinstalling this particular one. Microsoft's installer for this component does not recognize compatible versions, so that's why the installation doesn't complete.
You can safely go into your Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7) and remove the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime - 10.0.xxxxx

Once you remove this, run the UV Realtime installer again, and it will complete the installation of all components, which includes reinstalling this particular one. Microsoft's installer for this component does not recognize compatible versions, so that's why the installation doesn't complete.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

35 of 51 (4,169 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2012 3:06:58 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
You can safely go into your Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7) and remove the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime - 10.0.xxxxx

Once you remove this, run the UV Realtime installer again, and it will complete the installation of all components, which includes reinstalling this particular one. Microsoft's installer for this component does not recognize compatible versions, so that's why the installation doesn't complete.

1 Thanks dude for the install help and it's very helpful although half this stuff I could get from http://gateway.2wire.net/

and before I started posting here and before I signed up there use to be alot of posts I saw in 2011 that said AT&T told them it's because their router is not fast enough even though it's coaxial going into the STB itself and today AT&T claims that to have a faster connection you have to pay when the speed itself comes from what router you have and the routers speed it allows automatically. Making someone pay for speed they get for free because the router already allows it doesn't seem ethical or legal to me at all and it's just price gouging on something you already have. AT&T seems as shady as my local GameStop who runs litterally everything by GameStops rules.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats-2012-09-20-17-50-58.jpgErrorTable-2012-09-20-17-51-29.jpgBitloading-2012-09-20-17-52-05.jpg


SomeJoe7777 wrote:
You can safely go into your Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7) and remove the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime - 10.0.xxxxx

Once you remove this, run the UV Realtime installer again, and it will complete the installation of all components, which includes reinstalling this particular one. Microsoft's installer for this component does not recognize compatible versions, so that's why the installation doesn't complete.

1 Thanks dude for the install help and it's very helpful although half this stuff I could get from http://gateway.2wire.net/

and before I started posting here and before I signed up there use to be alot of posts I saw in 2011 that said AT&T told them it's because their router is not fast enough even though it's coaxial going into the STB itself and today AT&T claims that to have a faster connection you have to pay when the speed itself comes from what router you have and the routers speed it allows automatically. Making someone pay for speed they get for free because the router already allows it doesn't seem ethical or legal to me at all and it's just price gouging on something you already have. AT&T seems as shady as my local GameStop who runs litterally everything by GameStops rules.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stats-2012-09-20-17-50-58.jpgErrorTable-2012-09-20-17-51-29.jpgBitloading-2012-09-20-17-52-05.jpg

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

36 of 51 (4,087 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2012 3:28:28 PM
0
(0)
Expert
OK, the screenshots from UV Realtime are helpful.

Your modem/gateway is the 3801HGV, which is the proper VDSL2 modem for your installation. Your line profile is 32/5, which is the maximum and is appropriate for your line.

Your error table shows a few errors, but nothing that indicates a chronic problem. The max rate is a bit low for your distance, but you are close enough to the VRAD that it doesn't matter.

One thing is that your modem/gateway has not been rebooted in nearly 6 months, I would recommend you reboot it to allow it to readjust to current line conditions.

Otherwise you appear to have properly working service.

Please contact Alex as I stated in my last message to get your DVR and remote situation resolved.
OK, the screenshots from UV Realtime are helpful.

Your modem/gateway is the 3801HGV, which is the proper VDSL2 modem for your installation. Your line profile is 32/5, which is the maximum and is appropriate for your line.

Your error table shows a few errors, but nothing that indicates a chronic problem. The max rate is a bit low for your distance, but you are close enough to the VRAD that it doesn't matter.

One thing is that your modem/gateway has not been rebooted in nearly 6 months, I would recommend you reboot it to allow it to readjust to current line conditions.

Otherwise you appear to have properly working service.

Please contact Alex as I stated in my last message to get your DVR and remote situation resolved.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

37 of 51 (4,082 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 1:58:53 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

ErrorTable-2012-09-21-16-37-18.png

This is after my TV service was interupted, twice! No difference to yesterday by much. It's still screwing up, and it's thanks to AT&T's horrible service. I think I'll have to tell Alex about this.

ErrorTable-2012-09-21-16-37-18.png

This is after my TV service was interupted, twice! No difference to yesterday by much. It's still screwing up, and it's thanks to AT&T's horrible service. I think I'll have to tell Alex about this.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

38 of 51 (4,018 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 4:51:39 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

39 of 51 (3,976 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 6:19:13 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
When in doubt, reboot.
When in doubt, reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

40 of 51 (3,950 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 6:41:05 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?


texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

41 of 51 (3,948 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 6:42:35 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?



I forgot to mention, the router is in my sister's bedroom.


texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?



I forgot to mention, the router is in my sister's bedroom.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

42 of 51 (3,943 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 8:22:07 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
It only takes about 30 seconds to actually do the work necessary to reboot. Maybe ask your sister to do it before she goes to sleep one night.
It only takes about 30 seconds to actually do the work necessary to reboot. Maybe ask your sister to do it before she goes to sleep one night.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

43 of 51 (3,917 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2012 4:37:32 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?



You don't have to be physically at the gateway to restart it. There is a place in the user interface to restart/reset the RG, so any device than can access the RG's interface can restart it from anywhere in the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg


RadioFreeRO wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?



You don't have to be physically at the gateway to restart it. There is a place in the user interface to restart/reset the RG, so any device than can access the RG's interface can restart it from anywhere in the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

44 of 51 (3,882 Views)
Solution
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2012 3:53:14 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

Stats-2012-09-23-18-29-30.pngErrorTable-2012-09-23-18-29-37.pngBitloading-2012-09-23-18-29-43.png

 

 

Just wondering... after I reboot, should these Unavailable seconds show up? I added these pictures to make sure everything was running smoothly, but still it seems to "now and then" have issues like words not going with shows that are english for the HD channels sometimes throughout the day. Besides the restarting itself issue, the words was the only other issue I had that has to do with the router itself. I already checked and everything hooked up to HD is compatible (cords, TVs, Surround Sound on 1 TV) but they still do this, and AT&T has came out to switch the old coaxials for new ones during last winter but it still happens and it seems like a buffering issue like when I try to access YouTube on my mom's computer which is XP and only 256 MB of RAM. Her CPU is better than mine but the OS is so old it has a buffering issue, but I doubt that's what's going on with my UVerse TV.

Stats-2012-09-23-18-29-30.pngErrorTable-2012-09-23-18-29-37.pngBitloading-2012-09-23-18-29-43.png

 

 

Just wondering... after I reboot, should these Unavailable seconds show up? I added these pictures to make sure everything was running smoothly, but still it seems to "now and then" have issues like words not going with shows that are english for the HD channels sometimes throughout the day. Besides the restarting itself issue, the words was the only other issue I had that has to do with the router itself. I already checked and everything hooked up to HD is compatible (cords, TVs, Surround Sound on 1 TV) but they still do this, and AT&T has came out to switch the old coaxials for new ones during last winter but it still happens and it seems like a buffering issue like when I try to access YouTube on my mom's computer which is XP and only 256 MB of RAM. Her CPU is better than mine but the OS is so old it has a buffering issue, but I doubt that's what's going on with my UVerse TV.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

45 of 51 (3,803 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2012 11:45:06 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
OK, the screenshots from UV Realtime are helpful.

Your modem/gateway is the 3801HGV, which is the proper VDSL2 modem for your installation. Your line profile is 32/5, which is the maximum and is appropriate for your line.

Your error table shows a few errors, but nothing that indicates a chronic problem. The max rate is a bit low for your distance, but you are close enough to the VRAD that it doesn't matter.

One thing is that your modem/gateway has not been rebooted in nearly 6 months, I would recommend you reboot it to allow it to readjust to current line conditions.

Otherwise you appear to have properly working service.

Please contact Alex as I stated in my last message to get your DVR and remote situation resolved.

Stats-2012-09-29-02-35-57.pngErrorTable-2012-09-29-02-36-05.pngBitloading-2012-09-29-02-36-18.png

 

Dude, your software seems buggy. Not only is it now and then showing a error report window when starting Windows, It's showing no errors but at around 11:30 p.m. EST Friday September 28, 2012 my mother's DVR was flashing static like a old school  VCR tape but more digitized and green. As usual the problem didn't stop until my sister held down the DVRs power button, then it showed a blue screen and then the several dots it does when it's rebooting. No showing of this error is on the program.


SomeJoe7777 wrote:
OK, the screenshots from UV Realtime are helpful.

Your modem/gateway is the 3801HGV, which is the proper VDSL2 modem for your installation. Your line profile is 32/5, which is the maximum and is appropriate for your line.

Your error table shows a few errors, but nothing that indicates a chronic problem. The max rate is a bit low for your distance, but you are close enough to the VRAD that it doesn't matter.

One thing is that your modem/gateway has not been rebooted in nearly 6 months, I would recommend you reboot it to allow it to readjust to current line conditions.

Otherwise you appear to have properly working service.

Please contact Alex as I stated in my last message to get your DVR and remote situation resolved.

Stats-2012-09-29-02-35-57.pngErrorTable-2012-09-29-02-36-05.pngBitloading-2012-09-29-02-36-18.png

 

Dude, your software seems buggy. Not only is it now and then showing a error report window when starting Windows, It's showing no errors but at around 11:30 p.m. EST Friday September 28, 2012 my mother's DVR was flashing static like a old school  VCR tape but more digitized and green. As usual the problem didn't stop until my sister held down the DVRs power button, then it showed a blue screen and then the several dots it does when it's rebooting. No showing of this error is on the program.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

46 of 51 (3,521 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2012 4:00:43 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

There is nothing wrong with SJ's software.  Your issue is either with the DVR or your interior lines. Those stats look fine.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

There is nothing wrong with SJ's software.  Your issue is either with the DVR or your interior lines. Those stats look fine.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

47 of 51 (3,508 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2012 7:15:53 AM
0
(0)
Expert
If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.
If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

48 of 51 (3,495 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2012 12:51:53 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.


Hey SJ, is it possible the no loading at 1350 KHz could be causing some of the OP issues?

 

Also, I noticed in his bitloading, something I don't think I've seen before in other peoples screenshots, and that is the "bracketing" or "bookends" on the download bands. What would cause something like that?

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg


SomeJoe7777 wrote:
If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.


Hey SJ, is it possible the no loading at 1350 KHz could be causing some of the OP issues?

 

Also, I noticed in his bitloading, something I don't think I've seen before in other peoples screenshots, and that is the "bracketing" or "bookends" on the download bands. What would cause something like that?

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

49 of 51 (3,478 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2012 3:59:03 PM
0
(0)
Expert
The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.
The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

50 of 51 (3,451 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2012 10:24:08 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.

I've been looking at everyone's comments and I think the null at 1.350 MHz or also known as 1350 kHz that I can think of that's near me could be is the ATT Phone 1  Philips Antenna  ATT Phone 2  ATT Phone 3  Verizon Phone or ATT Phone 3 but I don't think that's it. I took a look at the manual for the box and it shouldn't overheat from where and how I put it but I looked at the top and I have to say it looks like a possible engineering flaw that involves the fact there's passive cooling on it and the hard drive looks like it's dangling right over the CPU.


SomeJoe7777 wrote:
The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.

I've been looking at everyone's comments and I think the null at 1.350 MHz or also known as 1350 kHz that I can think of that's near me could be is the ATT Phone 1  Philips Antenna  ATT Phone 2  ATT Phone 3  Verizon Phone or ATT Phone 3 but I don't think that's it. I took a look at the manual for the box and it shouldn't overheat from where and how I put it but I looked at the top and I have to say it looks like a possible engineering flaw that involves the fact there's passive cooling on it and the hard drive looks like it's dangling right over the CPU.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

51 of 51 (3,374 Views)
Share this post
Share this post