Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 18, 2012
9:39:45 PM
View profile
UVerse & Land Line using same jack

just had a new land line installed. AT&T was supposed to use a second jack in the house, but they used the UVerse DSL line. I plugged the phone into the back of the Gateway and it does not work. I then used a two line filter and it works, but does this compromise the dsl?

just had a new land line installed. AT&T was supposed to use a second jack in the house, but they used the UVerse DSL line. I plugged the phone into the back of the Gateway and it does not work. I then used a two line filter and it works, but does this compromise the dsl?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 19, 2012 5:30:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No it does not.  Uverse is not like DSL where DSL has to be filtered at EACH phone jack inside your house.  Uverse is filtered/split at the outside network interface on the side of your house using what's called a balun.

So long story short, you are good to go!!  No worries. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

UVerse & Land Line using same jack

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 19, 2012 5:30:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No it does not.  Uverse is not like DSL where DSL has to be filtered at EACH phone jack inside your house.  Uverse is filtered/split at the outside network interface on the side of your house using what's called a balun.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse & Land Line using same jack

2 of 2 (3,232 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments