Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I remember paying the fee to receive local channels when I had Dish Network.

I wonder if there would be an option to not receive the local channels, and not be charged the extra fee.

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T U-verse Price Changes

Thank you for choosing AT&T. Except as otherwise noted, beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV and Internet packages are increasing, which may impact the cost of your services. These changes reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99; U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.) Beginning on February 1 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of up to $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

For High Speed Internet customers effective as of the January 27, 2013 billing statements, the monthly price for Basic will increase to $28, Express will increase to $36, Pro will increase to $41, Elite will increase to $46, Max will increase to $51, Max Plus to $56, and Max Turbo to $66. If you are not currently paying a monthly high speed Internet equipment fee for the Wi-Fi-enabled Residential Gateway, a $2 monthly fee will begin with the January 27 billing statements.

The monthly rate for the Home Wiring Protection Plan will be $6.00.

If you are on a current U-verse TV, U-verse Voice, and/or U-verse High Speed Internet pricing promotion, the promotional benefit will continue until the applicable promotion ends or expires. For questions regarding any of the U-verse services, visit att.com/uversesupport.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

And here I was thinking maybe for once pricing will finally go down. How long until the bubble bursts? In 2006, 3Mbps internet was advertised at $16. Now the same service is $41? And instead of finally getting rid of the obvious money-grab premium fee for HD, there is now a premium fee for channels that are free over the air. Where is even the logic in that? I am incredibly disappointed with the careless price hikes they can just get away with and the increasingly obvious ploy to pay more for the same or less.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@ManuelM wrote:
And here I was thinking maybe for once pricing will finally go down. How long until the bubble bursts? In 2006, 3Mbps internet was advertised at $16. Now the same service is $41? And instead of finally getting rid of the obvious money-grab premium fee for HD, there is now a premium fee for channels that are free over the air. Where is even the logic in that? I am incredibly disappointed with the careless price hikes they can just get away with and the increasingly obvious ploy to pay more for the same or less.

In 2006, just like today, AT&T advertised temporary lower prices to entice customer to sign up. the $16 internet you mention in just one example. 

The $10 HD fee is optional and not all customers want to take advantage of HD programming, so it seems fair for them to have a way to avoid paying for channels they do not want. In addition, most providers have additional charges for HD equipment as well, whereas all of AT&T's equipment is HD capable.

While broadcast channels are free OTA, AT&T must pay for the rights to carry them. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Yes, I remember paying the fee to receive local channels when I had Dish Network.

I wonder if there would be an option to not receive the local channels, and not be charged the extra fee.

That would be an interesting question for an AT&T CSR or  Customer Care,.  I wish I had time to call 1-800-288-2020 and ask, I bet that I would get at least a couple of "can I put you on hold for 1-2 minutes Mr. dhascall and I sincerely appologize for the delay" before getting an, um, "no." Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@ManuelM wrote:

So AT&T raises their rates once per year. ALL providers raise their rates. Some more than once per year.  Ask many Comcast customers how many rate hikes they've had in the past few years.  

As for the HD fee, other providers may claim to have "free" HD but it's all hidden in other fees.  You don't want the rate hikes, get an antenna.

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

11 years ago

Time Warner jacked up the internet bill. What changed? Nothing. Same speed. Same service.

I'm sad AT&T is upping the rates for U-Verse TV, but at least they offer way more channels than Time Warner ever will. 

So this means they're going to charge for locals now? 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@jeremy1069fm wrote:

So this means they're going to charge for locals now? 

Looks like it's going to be a surcharge to coverage only a portion of the carriage fees paid for the rights to carry your local channels.  The carriages fees paid for all of your local channels would be much more than $1.99/month.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

Thats really too bad. One thing I wish with the all the cable systems is the ability to get another set of locals. What is tech possible

is not actually possible policy wise. I really wish I could pick up all the channels on uverse box from Chicago, despite being in Milwaukee.

It would be worth an extra $2 to be able to do this. I can pick these up on an antenna, why not on 'modern' tech.

I also wish we could watch actually BBC content without having to just have watered down BBC America. I here Timewarner is getting BBC world news, that is another channel on my wish list.

What is theorticaly possible and what is available is all messed up. 😞

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Am I right to assume that if I just got the U-verse service for phone and internet for a one year deal, my monthly charge will not change for a year even after the price increase? Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.