Nightcaste's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 7:37 PM

Closed

Sick of the junk mail.

Today marks the 10th time I have had to call U-Verse and ask them to stop sending me ads in the mail.  I have the internet service because my apartment complex has and exclusivity agreement, so my only other option is satellite.

Every time, the CSR tells me "I have submitted a request to have you removed from the mailing list.  It takes 7-10 days to process, but after that you should not get any more ads in the mail."  Two weeks later, more ads.

What can I do to actually get this to stop?  Cease and desist letter?  Complain to the BBB?  Something tells me that if I actually DO cancel my service and go with satellite, AT&T will just bombard me with even more junk mail.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Nightcaste We would be more than happy to get this taken care of for you if you can please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare with your full address (including zip code) and best contact number and one of our managers will reach out to you shortly.

~ Andy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I too have requested multiple times to stop receiving Uverse offers and other att junk mail. I haven't had any luck either. I keep getting some AT&T offer about once a week. It's very annoying. I'm about to leave att entirely on principle alone. I don't want your stupid Uverse or any other AT&T product. All I want is my phone and internet. Stop harassing me or you will lose the business you already have with me.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Americansailor wrote:
I too have requested multiple times to stop receiving Uverse offers and other att junk mail. I haven't had any luck either. I keep getting some AT&T offer about once a week. It's very annoying. I'm about to leave att entirely on principle alone. I don't want your stupid Uverse or any other AT&T product. All I want is my phone and internet. Stop harassing me or you will lose the business you already have with me.

Why don't you read the entire thread to see what to do to remove your name from the mailing list?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am a customer who vehemently HATES. JUNK. MAIL. Accordingly, I rarely receive it because I'm constantly contacting any and all companies that send me unsolicited postal mail (to my name specifically or to my residence generally). after FIVE. LONG. YEARS, I continue to receive AT&T U-Verse mail solicitations to "Valued California Resident" at my home and I am at my wits end. I am now contemplating saving all future mailings, making note of the date I received them and conversations requesting my name/address removal.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I have written three or four times to request removal. I have used all manner of polite and explicit language to this end without avail.

(I'm shouting here) TAKE ME OFF YOUR SOLICITATION LIST ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Perhaps they have already and they have had no luck?

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Golly, I know it may be aggravating, but is it that much trouble to pitch in a trash can?

Just think, your junk mail is helping one or more postal employees support themselves and their families with gainful work. The way the economy is now days, everyone needs a way to make a living.

No offense meant to anyone and no, I'm not a postal employee.

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

I hate junk mail as much as anyone else.  Let me explain why junk mail is so hard to stop.  Most companies have a marketing co. to send out the mailings.  That company gets paid depending on how many mailings they send out.  Also they buy mailing lists and no telling how many lists your name appears.  The marketing companies have no incentive to stop the mailings as they are paid by how many mailing they send.  The best thing to do is throw it away.  That is what I do.

Understand that I do not know if this is how AT&T does their marketing.  This is how the company I work for does it.

If you can get junk mail stopped please post back with how you did it.  Another suggestion is to google stop junk mail and see if there is a web site you can register with to get off of all the mailing lists.

Good luck if all of this is worth your time.

Former Employee

• 

162 Messages

10 years ago

@torrnado wrote:

I am a customer who vehemently HATES. JUNK. MAIL. Accordingly, I rarely receive it because I'm constantly contacting any and all companies that send me unsolicited postal mail (to my name specifically or to my residence generally). after FIVE. LONG. YEARS, I continue to receive AT&T U-Verse mail solicitations to "Valued California Resident" at my home and I am at my wits end. I am now contemplating saving all future mailings, making note of the date I received them and conversations requesting my name/address removal.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I have written three or four times to request removal. I have used all manner of polite and explicit language to this end without avail.

(I'm shouting here) TAKE ME OFF YOUR SOLICITATION LIST ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

We do have a Do Not Call/Do Not Mail list. You can call customer care and request to be removed from this list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Can you please be more specific? What exact number should I call to get removed?

I am not a current AT&T customer. When I call the standard customer care number @ 800 288-2020, they tell me they can't help me as I'm not a customer, then they transfer me, and then I get disconnected.

I am trying to get removed from all mailings from AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Call customer care, sit on hold for 30 minutes, get transferred three times and finally disconnected? Or if you're lucky, find someone who says "Yes no problem we will take you off the list" only to find that you keep getting junk mail?

Give me a break. If AT&T cares about it's customers it will create a simple web form for people to opt out of junk mail. It's obnoxious that I had to sign up for an account just to direct message ATTCustomerCare in the vain hope that they will actually do something. It's doubly obnoxious that we have to waste so much time trying to get a company that we.pay.money.to to stop harassing us with junk mail.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.