Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 15, 2013
8:39:34 PM
View profile
Returning equipment

We are selling our old RPTV in the living room and not replacing it (we have more than enough TV's in the house as it is). How do I return a STB that we aren't using anymore?

Thanks.

We are selling our old RPTV in the living room and not replacing it (we have more than enough TV's in the house as it is). How do I return a STB that we aren't using anymore?

Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2013 5:32:23 AM
(0)
Guru
Just as an additive to my thoughts' post, 21 days is the time frame for leased equipment to be returned to ATT via UPS without a charge. The RMA number you can use is the order number or billing account number. Either will look up your account in UPS's system but you do have to call to get it removed or else you'll indefinitely pay the 7$/month leasing fee on it.
Accepted Solution

Returning equipment

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 9:46:36 PM
(0)
Employee
Call 1-800-288-2020 or online att your account and chat to representative, they will need GUI number from bottom of box to remove from your account, they will need to provide a RMA number, you will need to take box and power supply to ups store with RMA, they will package and shipping at ATT expense.
You will only be given a few days to do this,if equipment is not received within time frame you will be billed $150 for lost box.
Thus make sure you keep your receipt.
Call 1-800-288-2020 or online att your account and chat to representative, they will need GUI number from bottom of box to remove from your account, they will need to provide a RMA number, you will need to take box and power supply to ups store with RMA, they will package and shipping at ATT expense.
You will only be given a few days to do this,if equipment is not received within time frame you will be billed $150 for lost box.
Thus make sure you keep your receipt.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Returning equipment

2 of 4 (3,195 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2013 5:32:23 AM
(0)
Guru
Just as an additive to my thoughts' post, 21 days is the time frame for leased equipment to be returned to ATT via UPS without a charge. The RMA number you can use is the order number or billing account number. Either will look up your account in UPS's system but you do have to call to get it removed or else you'll indefinitely pay the 7$/month leasing fee on it.

3 of 4 (3,173 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:47:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

This equipment has being returned per AT&T instructions and I am being billed.  AT&T sent the equipment without me requesting it,and I did not sign for it.  Their technician stated he could not take it back. 

I am a mature female with some limitations in body and financies.  I explained the hardship that fulfilling their rquest to return the unsolicited equipment would create and, they had not provided a return label.  After some persistance they sent a label and I shipped the equipment back being assured the cost for shipping would be credited to my account,  I am now being billed for equipment not received and they are constantly sending empty boxes of all sizes with filmsy bubble wrap and return shipping labels. 

At&T equipment is not that reliable, their service is not that good and they do not keep their word.  I have been with this company since they were Illinois Bell Telephone Company.  I've had the same phone number for more than30 years.  I don't think I should have to be subjected to this poor service.

and believe it or not they just left another piece of equipment here.

This equipment has being returned per AT&T instructions and I am being billed.  AT&T sent the equipment without me requesting it,and I did not sign for it.  Their technician stated he could not take it back. 

I am a mature female with some limitations in body and financies.  I explained the hardship that fulfilling their rquest to return the unsolicited equipment would create and, they had not provided a return label.  After some persistance they sent a label and I shipped the equipment back being assured the cost for shipping would be credited to my account,  I am now being billed for equipment not received and they are constantly sending empty boxes of all sizes with filmsy bubble wrap and return shipping labels. 

At&T equipment is not that reliable, their service is not that good and they do not keep their word.  I have been with this company since they were Illinois Bell Telephone Company.  I've had the same phone number for more than30 years.  I don't think I should have to be subjected to this poor service.

and believe it or not they just left another piece of equipment here.

4 of 4 (1,837 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments