Get the myAT&T app
Steven-'s profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 8:28 AM

Rented on VUDU, showed up on cable bill

I rented a movie using VUDU on my PS3 and the money was of course deducted from my VUDU account. On our next cable bill, there was a charge of $6 for the same movie. How the heck does that happen? Did streaming a movie through the PS3 that's also available for rent On Demand somehow make the cable software think I orded it On Demand? It doesn't look like anyone else has had this problem...

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds to me like someone in your home also ordered it via U-verse onDemand.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

That would be the obvious guess. No one in this house orders movies on Uverse On Demand. It's just me and my parents and we all watched the movie at the same time on the PS3. After the movie was over I turned off the PS3, went into On Demand to watch a movie on HBO, and the movie we just watched was in the My Videos section saying we had 2 more days to watch it. I figured it was some kind of fluke so I ignored it, until it showed up on the bill. It doesn't make sense how it would show up On Demand after we just ordered and watched it on the PS3. There has to be some kind of technical error that happened.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Steven- wrote:

That would be the obvious guess. No one in this house orders movies on Uverse On Demand. It's just me and my parents and we all watched the movie at the same time on the PS3. After the movie was over I turned off the PS3, went into On Demand to watch a movie on HBO, and the movie we just watched was in the My Videos section saying we had 2 more days to watch it. I figured it was some kind of fluke so I ignored it, until it showed up on the bill. It doesn't make sense how it would show up On Demand after we just ordered and watched it on the PS3. There has to be some kind of technical error that happened.

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your VUDU/VOD situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.