Get the myAT&T app
CHAD AND CHARLI's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 4:20 PM

Please Help Me! I just want what was promised. No more, no less.

Hello at the end of my first year of Uverse and internet I was being offered deals with my local cable provider and was considering canceling my service.  I called in to cancel and a person ( a lady ) said she could get us on a plan that we woudl be satisfied with.  She also told me the call was recorded so all i really want is for someone to listen to the call with me.  I agreed to one more year at 87.00 per month.  This included the programming i had which was u200, hd and internet with the equipment i already had for both internet and tv. I was also offered HBO for 3 months. I declined saying either the HBO is for one year or no deal.  She put me on hold and got a manager involved and added the HBO for one year.  She went back through the agreement stating the exact programming including hd service adding Hbo for one year at 87.00 per month.  Now i am being told that she did not say that.  I just want someon to listen to the call with me.  I assure you I am correct.  I declined several times during the converstaion untill she got approval for everything to last one year.  Help me please.  I dont want to leave but I am being oput into a situation with no choice.  It seems rediculous to have to hire an attorney which will cost more that the service but we had an agreemnet and it was recorderded.  Someone please help find a person who can listen to the call and fix this!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

The title should say I want what was promised.  Sorry for some of the grammer errors

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello CHAD AND CHARLI,

Our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

P.S. I fixed the title for you.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I've found that generally the people on the phone have no problems lying to you. They say what they need to to diffuse the situation. Even if they do have good intentions,  they often don't have the tools or authority to follow throuth with what they've promised. 

It's a never ending battle that you can't win. Switch to Time warner or Comcast if you wish, but it will all be the same. There's no such thing as a good cable provider. 

*Edit, typo. 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@barnone1 

Unless you work for AT&T the OP has been given the best method to get the issue resolved.  Sending a PM to Customer Care is not the same as contacting normal customer service. They are an escalation team set up to handle customer's issues when normal methods have failed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.