Get the myAT&T app
a_movingtarget's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 3:34 PM

Moving to new neighborhood--No Uverse there...

Hi all,

I am a current Uverse TV and Internet customer, and will soon be moving to a new address.  I really like having my UVerse services (although, they have not been without a decent amount of headache), but at my new address, the services are not available.  Just wondering if anyone has any idea if I will be able to switch to any other TV (dish/direct) service and DSL provided by AT&T without incurring any large disconnect fees...  The other options are available in the new neighborhood, just not Uverse, yet.  Thanks for any input or experience you can provide. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Unless you received some kind of special promotion pricing requiring a 1 year agreement, Uverse has no contract. Call CS tell them you wish to cancel, they will send you an email with instructions on how and where to return the equipment.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Should you decide to go with Directv keep in mine that even though ATT partners with Directv you will still be at the mercy of Directv and will be required to enter into a 2 year contract, with a hefty Early Termination Fee should you decide to cancel early. I don't think a contract is required with Dish.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Okay, that is good to know, thanks!  I'd like to return to the question of termination/disconnect fees from the uverse service I currently have.  Since I am moving, and would like to keep the UVerse, but cannot due to its unavailability in the area I will be living in, should I expect this to be difficult, and expensive?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

@jfw wrote:

Should you decide to go with Directv keep in mine that even though ATT partners with Directv you will still be at the mercy of Directv and will be required to enter into a 2 year contract, with a hefty Early Termination Fee should you decide to cancel early. I don't think a contract is required with Dish.

Dish has 24 month contracts just like DirecTV, they just call them agreements. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.