For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
morjem911's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 15th, 2015 7:04 PM

Lied to Over and Over Again...

I contacted AT&T by phone around September/October of last year to see if there were any promotions that would lower my bill. I had emergency surgery and my hospital co-pays were crazy, so I needed to trim the bills somewhere. I spoke to a very nice rep who couldn't lower my bill, but did give me more channels and faster internet for the same price, which didn't help, but I wasn't going to turn it down. She told me specific dates to call back to check on new promotions, as the ones she was giving me would be expiring. I am horrible at remembering to do that, so I set calendar reminders in Outlook to pop up and remind me. However, before that could happen, my bill, which had been $198, was showing $227 when I went in to pay.

I contacted AT&T on the online chat and was told that they bill a month in advance, so this bill included time after the promotions expire (which we hadn't even got to that date yet). I asked why then I was told to call back on those specific dates and he couldn't give me an answer. He did say that he was sorry for my inconvenience and could give me promotions that would make my bill $125 and add HBO and Cinemax for free. I told him I didn't want them, because I don't watch them and I always forget to cancel and jokingly asked him if he would call and remind me to cancel, to which he jokingly agreed. He did say that he couldn't do anything for my current bill though. (I called customer service and they adjusted that bill to $200) Now, I would have sworn that he said this $125 was for one year, but it could have been for six months. At any rate, I know for a fact it was for longer than one month, which is how long my bill stayed at $125.

The next month (this month) it was showing $171. I again contacted AT&T through the online chat. I asked if they had a copy of my last chat session, because they had told me my bill would be $125. Josh B said that they showed that as a one time adjustment. I explained that the one time adjustment was lowering my bill from $227 to $200 after their mix-up with the promotions dates. Josh B said his manager said there are no one year promotions for existing customers and nothing in the notes about lowering my bill to $125. After telling him how very unhappy I was with AT&T he replied with this (I printed this chat session off), "I have taken an extra mile and checked with my manager to adjust the current month bill and also provide you higher internet service of 18 mbps with the existing tv service at $150.00 per month". I then asked for how long and he said, "It is valid for 6 months".

So, not happy, because $125 is a heck of a lot better than $150, but whatever. Today I went in to pay my bill and it's still showing $171. I contacted AT&T online chat again, because I want everything with them in writing. I explained this whole sorted story, and how I was about to switch to Cox because I'm so tired of fighting with AT&T every month over my bill. This agent today, Mark, adjusted my current months bill to $151. I checked and it was lowered, so I paid it super fast so they couldn't change it again, then thanked Mark, but verified with him whether or not I had any kind of contract or if I could cancel my service. Mark then sent my chat session to the customer relations department, "for a better deal".

There I was connected to Janette who informed me that my current rate was $182 before tax. Yet again, another amount. But that she would do her best to provide me with a better rate for the next 12 months. I informed her that there were no 12 month promotions for new customers lol! So, she comes back and tells me that she can add a discount for 12 months that includes my current service for $152 before tax. I replied that my current bill is $150 total for six months, so I'd pass. Janette then replied that that was incorrect and my rate is $182 before tax. I told her I had the chat session with Josh B right in front of me and quoted for her his exact words on the amount and the length of time. She again stated my rate was $182 and asked for the date of the chat because she didn't see any notes showing the rate of $150 being offered and that they don't quote a price with tax anyway. I gave her the chat date, which was 1/6/2015 and Josh B's name. She AGAIN came back and her only response was, "I'm sorry, but the rate is $182 before tax". So, anyway, she offered me $152 before tax for 12 months. BUT, that is with a service agreement, which as dishonest as AT&T has been, I really don't want to be tethered to them for a year, so I told her no, and ended the chat.

Exactly how shady can a company be, when I have it IN WRITING what I was offered by a representative of the company and they still won't honor it?  I guess I sort of understand them not honoring the $125, because other than my bill actually being $125 for a month, I don't have proof I was told that amount, but I've been straight out, no questions about it, lied to numerous times, so why should I continue to do business with AT&T?  At this point, other than going to Cox, I guess my only other option is contacting my local franchising authority and seeing what they say.  This bait and switch surely can't be allowed?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

yeah well.  I have a similar experience with Uverse but this time during the installation. Getting someone to come and install has been a pain. 

Sending a message to ATT Customer Care as suggested above has also been futile.

All in all, seems like AT&T and Uverse are a big waste of time and effort. If they want my business, they need to work hard for it and not me.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I've had nothing but problems and been told three totally different prices, AFTER verifying several times the prices.  Got each persons name and ID number and all three times they all apologized but only one actually did something, but even that didn't come without it's problems because my bill is still $10 higher.  I'm not sure what's going on with AT&T now, but something is.  We even use them where I work and it was "easier" then personally, but still took me over two hours EACH DAY on the phone with them.  When I had DirectTV I never had this problem, but now that they're even owned by them I wonder if that will change?  Smiley Mad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.