Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 13, 2012
10:01:44 AM
View profile
Is it possible?
Edited by Darknessrise on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:03:00 AM

We currently have U verse TV, Phone, and Internet but was thinking of maybe replacing U verse Internet with Comcast. Will they work together? I ask this because our RG is fed off of Coax and use Coax for our TVs except for the one by the RG which has ethernet. Will Comcast work with this setup or not Smiley Sad? Is it possible to run a seperate Comcast line or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

We currently have U verse TV, Phone, and Internet but was thinking of maybe replacing U verse Internet with Comcast. Will they work together? I ask this because our RG is fed off of Coax and use Coax for our TVs except for the one by the RG which has ethernet. Will Comcast work with this setup or not Smiley Sad? Is it possible to run a seperate Comcast line or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 13, 2012 10:15:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Comcast will have to run separate coax for your internet service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Is it possible?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 13, 2012 10:04:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, you can have Comcast internet with U-verse TV.  You will just lose the features related to your TV that require U-verse internet.

Yes, you can have Comcast internet with U-verse TV.  You will just lose the features related to your TV that require U-verse internet.

Re: Is it possible?

2 of 5 (322 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 10:06:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

How will the setup work? What will they do so they don't get in each others way? Run a seperate line to a room? We currently have no free coax lines open that are free from U verse TV.

How will the setup work? What will they do so they don't get in each others way? Run a seperate line to a room? We currently have no free coax lines open that are free from U verse TV.

3 of 5 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 13, 2012 10:15:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

4 of 5 (312 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 10:34:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You do realize that Comcast will more than likely charge you to run those lines plus they have caps that they actually enforce.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

You do realize that Comcast will more than likely charge you to run those lines plus they have caps that they actually enforce.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

5 of 5 (305 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments