Get the myAT&T app
palmershort's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2013 7:42 PM

I subscribed to Uverse this past February. My neighbor across the street was turned down explaining our street wasn't ready for Uverse. So what do I have?

I subscribed to Uverse this past February. My neighbor across the street applied and was turned down saying our street was not ready for Uverse. The ATT workers working on our street told him the same thing, that it wouldn't be ready months. So what do I have?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Uverse DSL comes out of the VRAD, ATT is eliminating regular DSL, that comes out of the Central Office.

TV/internet on VDSL only goes so far, so IPDSLAM ADSL 2/2+ takes over after the VDSL signal ends and can go for a long distance.  Probably what you are on.

Everything will come out of the VRADs in the future; although ATT is going to use 4G LTE for service in areas not covered by wireline in the near future. Smiley Wink

Edit:  The Community Managers can help w/that continuing DSL billing problem here

Chris

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

As I replied to another user here, the way the line runs affects how/when you get Uverse.  That's why you have it and don't across the street.  Very likely they are served by a different crossbox that now is having a VRAD (video ready access device) installed.

Here in Grosse Pointe Park, MI, if you are at Lakepoint and Kercheval in the South ally behind Kercheval you will see 1 VRAD to the left and 1 VRAD to the right too, Lakepoint is the dividing line between those two different crossbox/VRAD areas of service.

If you want more info, the Community Managers will be along soon. Smiley Wink

Chris

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

When you speak of VRAD, are you talking about TV reception? I'm referring

to my computer hook up. I had DSL which was supposed to be canceled

,unfortunately they kept charging me for the DSL and U-verse. I hope my

last call will bring results. So do I have computer U-verse?

Palmer

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello palmershort, and thank you for the explanation mibrnsurg . Palmershort, I understand you are continuing to receive a bill for DSL services you no longer have and I apologize for that. I have sent you a private message to gather more information and ensure that account is cancelled and will no longer be billed for it.Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.