For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
dspindler's profile

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

Thursday, February 19th, 2015 4:30 PM

How to change U-verse Package when account is linked to Wireless account.

ATT is always encouraging customers to perform self service on the website or getting remedial help on UVERSE channel 9910.  However, when I actually try to navigate through the non sensical websit instructions I am unable to perform a simple package change.  The website states the following:

• From the top navigation, select the Digital TV, Internet, or Home Phone service you currently have. Only the service(s) you currently have are displayed.
  • Select Change plan.
  • Below the Digital TV, Internet, or Voice service you want to upgrade or downgrade, select Modify. Plans are subject to availability in your area.
  • Select the items you want to upgrade or downgrade.
    • U-verse TV - TV packages, premium channels, sports, On Demand, and international
    • U-verse Internet - downstream speed packages
    • U-verse Voice - voice packages, international, home phone feature

This takes me to "my tv services" andt there is no option to perform this seemingly simple task.  Why doesn't a technology company keep their website updated with correct information.  Moreover, trying to get that information from the online chat personnel turned out be impossible to determine.  Is there no one at ATT who understands this deficiency?

Very frustrating and very Straight Talk Wirelessish

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

9 years ago

I just figured out the problem.  I have my Uverse account linked to my wireless account and I have the ability to see both acccounts together.  So, when I log onto the linked accounts I apparently don't have the same ability to make changes.  For some reason though, when I log on through my Uverse email and password, I get the same options that you guys did.  Must be a weird glitch on the att.net website that doesn't allow full functionality for linked accounts.  

Thanks for the quick replies though.  

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

I followed these instructions and I got this:

Capture-2015-02-19-01.PNG

I clicked on Change plan and got this:

Capture-2015-02-19-02.PNG

I then clicked Modify and it showed a matrix of the U-verse TV plans with my current on selected.  

What are you seeing?

2 Attachments

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

The way that I have done it in the past is log in to myAT&T.

Then I get this screen

Capture1.JPG

Then click on the "Change Plan"

Capture.JPG

Then a pop-up window opens which lets me change my plan.

Jeffer types faster then me!

2 Attachments

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

9 years ago

I'm at the same place you are. No idea why I don't see the same options.

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

I note the presence of the "Account 2" after the U-verse service names.  Do you have a combined account ID as well as a U-verse Account/e-mail?  If so, can you try your U-verse e-mail address.

If that's the same thing, or for some other reason that's not possible, then I'd suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.  Speed things up by providing your Billing Account Number, as well as the best time and way to reach you in the PM.  I'd suggest you ask them to fix both problems, i.e. you inability to make changes using myAT&T, and about your account service change.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

9 years ago

Jeff, you are correct that I do have linked accounts.  I don't know if you saw my subsequent emails but when I log on through the linked account interface, I don't have the same functionality as others do.  However, when I log on with my regular Uverse email and password (not linked) I have that same functionality.  It seems odd that I would lose functionality by using linked accounts but apparently that is indeed the problem.  Thank you for your assistance.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I see them now.  I didn't see them when I replied.

I'm glad the mystery is solved.  I've tried to make sure the people from the myAT&T team are advised of this thread.  Perhaps they're already aware of this.  It would be nice if they would at least put a message up for linked accounts saying "Use your U-verse account if you want to make changes to your service"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, 

I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year now on and off, including continuously since October of 2016 and it has yet to be resolved. After I'm logged in to my U-Verse account, any attempt compare different plans by clicking "Change My Plan" the website gets stuck in a loop that it is unable to get out of and I have to close out the browser in order to do anything else on the site. This happens the exact same no matter if im clicking "Change My Plan" for TV or Internet. The "developers" were supposed to have been working on it since October but I stopped receiving updates or contact over almost 2mo ago, and before then no one had any information to provide anyway. I was also told not to change my password to allow myself access to my own account because the "developers" were working on the issue. However, after 2 months passed with no contact, and knowing with no doubts that the developers of the AT&T website are not tirelessly laboring over fixing 1 person's access to their own account controls, I got a new password for myself so I could, once again, flag the issue to hopefully finally make some, ANY, progress.  I have recorded a video of the endless loop that never gets to where I would actually be able to change my plan but I don't believe videos can be posted to the forum. I would be glad to send it to whoever would be able to help me. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.