Get the myAT&T app
grays398's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 2:47 PM

How can I get U-Verse installed at my home when houses in my neighborhood already have U-Verse

I am trying to get U-Verse at my home but keep being told that they don't service my area or neighborhood. Problem is that there are homes in my neighborhood that are currently on U-Verse are only about 1000-2000 feet away from my home. How can I get U-Verse lines to be run to my home?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to get the service.  If you have called Customer Service and have not gotten anywhere, click on the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can get you help.  You will be taken to their PM page where you can send them a PM.  Include your information and question and they will get back to you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

1000-2000 feet is quite a distance when it comes to getting u-verse. Depending on cable route, cable size etc. 3500 feet is usually the max length you can go with  u-verse. So if your neighbor 1000 feet from you is at the threshold you may not be able to get services.There are ways to confirm this through customer care. My house is on a corner lot with a vrad on the corner, and wouldnt you know it the cable runs the other way making me 9000 feet cable length by the time it gets to me. So my neighbor 90 feet from me can get it but no such luck for me. I have also seen where the house just got missed when updating records (this can happen when the existing home adds a unit A or B to an upstairs loft etc.) At any rate just request a record verification with customer care and they should be able to confirm .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Experiencing a similar issue. Was told I'm too far away from the box, whatever that is. They tried to get approval for something and were denied so they were unable to hook us up to service. I'm desperate to continue using AT&T as they have been fantastic, much better than our previous experiences with Comcast. My spouse works from home and we need high quality reliable service. Suggestions?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

The maximum distance you can be from the VRAD is between 3500 and 4000 feet.  That doesn't mean in a straight line either,  depending on how the cable runs you could have a box across the street and be over 4000 feet.

@alteridiom wrote:

Experiencing a similar issue. Was told I'm too far away from the box, whatever that is. They tried to get approval for something and were denied so they were unable to hook us up to service. I'm desperate to continue using AT&T as they have been fantastic, much better than our previous experiences with Comcast. My spouse works from home and we need high quality reliable service. Suggestions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.