Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 7, 2012
1:58:57 PM
View profile
Help getting DVR profile updated to 0SD/4HD streams from 1SD/3HD
Edited by weezedog on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:03:39 PM

I've called phone support twice now and they are completely not helping me and not understanding what I am asking them to do.

I'm on the 32/5 profile but my DVR box ingress profile is 1SD/3HD instead of 0SD/4HD and I need help getting it updated to 4HD streams so I can record 3HD and watch the 4th stream in HD instead of SD.

Who here can help me with this? Is it even possible to get an ingress profle on the DVR of 0SD/4HD?

Thanks,

I've called phone support twice now and they are completely not helping me and not understanding what I am asking them to do.

I'm on the 32/5 profile but my DVR box ingress profile is 1SD/3HD instead of 0SD/4HD and I need help getting it updated to 4HD streams so I can record 3HD and watch the 4th stream in HD instead of SD.

Who here can help me with this? Is it even possible to get an ingress profle on the DVR of 0SD/4HD?

Thanks,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2012 2:35:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:52:21 PM

weezedog wrote:

Thanks,

With the 4 HD profile, the WAN Profile is 0 SD/ 4 HD and the Ingress Profile is 1 SD/3 HD.  You have the maximum Ingress Profile that is available.  When you are recording 3 HD channels, you can watch a 4th HD channel on any TV connected to a non-DVR STB.  You will not be able to watch a 4th HD channel on the TV connected to the DVR.  See the discussion of the 4 HD stream in the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/4-HD-Profile/m-p/2234673

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Help getting DVR profile updated to 0SD/4HD streams from 1SD/3HD

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2012 2:13:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:39:37 PM

I had originally posted something dumb.  Then erased it until I could fix it.  TexasGuy has said what I should have said in the first place.

I had originally posted something dumb.  Then erased it until I could fix it.  TexasGuy has said what I should have said in the first place.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help getting DVR profile updated to 0SD/4HD streams from 1SD/3HD

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2012 2:35:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:52:21 PM

weezedog wrote:

Thanks,

With the 4 HD profile, the WAN Profile is 0 SD/ 4 HD and the Ingress Profile is 1 SD/3 HD.  You have the maximum Ingress Profile that is available.  When you are recording 3 HD channels, you can watch a 4th HD channel on any TV connected to a non-DVR STB.  You will not be able to watch a 4th HD channel on the TV connected to the DVR.  See the discussion of the 4 HD stream in the thread below:

weezedog wrote:

Thanks,

Re: Help getting DVR profile updated to 0SD/4HD streams from 1SD/3HD

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,689 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments