Get the myAT&T app
simiya's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 4:03 AM

Electronic Bill and Paper Bill Conflict Each Other

I recently received my U-verse paper bill from AT&T stating my current balance.  It displays that I owe $6.95 by December 19, 2012. A couple days later, I received a notice that my bill is now available to view online. The balance now shows I owe $24.06 by December 29, 2012.

Which bill am I required to pay? Why was I given two bills of two different amounts for two different days? I only have one line of U-verse. I don't use it for voice, just for internet.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Did you recently switch to U-verse internet from DSL internet?  Are the account numbers the same on the paper bill and the electronic bill?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

simiya - I believe that the data shown under current balance can cause confusion due to how it is calculated. It includes charges accrued AFTER the bill closing date. So, they are not yet due.

To see the amount ACTUALLY DUE on the "current" (i.e. open/unpaid) click on the bill details, then the PDF image.

I believe that there is no way to view the reason for the charge that is included in the current balance but is not yet a "due bill".

To be fair, you should be able to click on the current balance and get a breakdown showing charges since the last bill.

If you pay the current balance, in this case, you may pay too much.

Of course, if the "post cycle closing" adjustments to the current balance are credits, you should be able to pay the smaller amount.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

After looking at the account numbers I see that it's two completely different accounts.  My old one, which has the $6.95 charge was my old AT&T DSL Direct account.  This is the final bill for that account. I was under the impression that due to this being an upgrade, I would not be charged a closing fee. At least that is what the AT&T representative told me.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

simiya - The final bil is usually a credit because you have already paid for the coming month. Could it be a 6.95 credit?

If not look carefully there should not be any closing charges. A CSR should be able to explain any specific bill.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@simiya wrote:

After looking at the account numbers I see that it's two completely different accounts.  My old one, which has the $6.95 charge was my old AT&T DSL Direct account.  This is the final bill for that account. I was under the impression that due to this being an upgrade, I would not be charged a closing fee. At least that is what the AT&T representative told me. 

Bingo!  That is what I suspected based on the fact that each bill had a different due date.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.