Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 18, 2013
5:22:04 PM
View profile
DVR

When set to record from the 'Guide',  the recording starts a minute or two late, and finishes a minute or to late.  Is there a way to have it more accurately start and stop, or make it start a couple minutes early? 

When set to record from the 'Guide',  the recording starts a minute or two late, and finishes a minute or to late.  Is there a way to have it more accurately start and stop, or make it start a couple minutes early? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 20, 2013 5:44:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
db821arc - Yes, recordings use up streams. If recording four, there are none left to watch. You can watch a previously recorded program. You can watch one of the programs being recorded - either live or delayed.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DVR

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2013 5:34:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
sj98ta - It does start early & end late - aka soft padding - It does not do it if it would create a conflict with another recording.
sj98ta - It does start early & end late - aka soft padding - It does not do it if it would create a conflict with another recording.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR

2 of 8 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2013 6:19:51 PM
(0)
Expert

The only other alternative you have if there is no recording conflict is to set up a Manual Recording.  That way you can set the time you want the recording to start and end.

The only other alternative you have if there is no recording conflict is to set up a Manual Recording.  That way you can set the time you want the recording to start and end.

Re: DVR

3 of 8 (681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 3:10:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

There was certaintly no conflict.     It certainly is not starting early, and instead consistently starts a minute of two late, no matter what I'm trying to record. 

There was certaintly no conflict.     It certainly is not starting early, and instead consistently starts a minute of two late, no matter what I'm trying to record. 

Re: DVR record times

4 of 8 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 3:19:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
sj98ta - How accurate does the tome on the guide look. Mine is just a few seconds behind the caller ID time. Both match the atomic clock within seconds.

Try rebooting the RG & DVR by pulling the plug for 30 seconds. Let the RG stabilize before replugging the DVR.

How does the time look after that?

If problem continues cal for a new DVR.
sj98ta - How accurate does the tome on the guide look. Mine is just a few seconds behind the caller ID time. Both match the atomic clock within seconds.

Try rebooting the RG & DVR by pulling the plug for 30 seconds. Let the RG stabilize before replugging the DVR.

How does the time look after that?

If problem continues cal for a new DVR.

5 of 8 (641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 12:30:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

The time is the first thing I checked, and it is right on the money with wwvb (atomic clock).    I will try a couple other shows on a couple other stations, and see what happens.

The time is the first thing I checked, and it is right on the money with wwvb (atomic clock).    I will try a couple other shows on a couple other stations, and see what happens.

6 of 8 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2013 5:30:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

One question.  When you are recording two shows at the same time are you using 1 stream or 2 streams.  The DVR lets you record up to 4 shows at one time.  I just want to know if I am recording the 4 shows on the DVR will that use all my streams so I would not be able to watch TV until one of the shows finish recording.

Thanks for your help

One question.  When you are recording two shows at the same time are you using 1 stream or 2 streams.  The DVR lets you record up to 4 shows at one time.  I just want to know if I am recording the 4 shows on the DVR will that use all my streams so I would not be able to watch TV until one of the shows finish recording.

Thanks for your help

7 of 8 (566 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 20, 2013 5:44:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
db821arc - Yes, recordings use up streams. If recording four, there are none left to watch. You can watch a previously recorded program. You can watch one of the programs being recorded - either live or delayed.

8 of 8 (559 Views)
Solution