For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
eeverette's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 3rd, 2015 10:06 PM

DSL to Uverse

I have been resistent to move from DSL to Uverse due to lots of bad reviews.  I finally decided to make the move today after getting spammed and almost daily snail mail offers.  I went online and selected the bundle I wanted (18 mbps + 200 mins phone for $62) and completed the entire order process only to receive an order processing error stating I had to call to resolve.  I called the number and the customer rep said we had to complete the entire process over the phone.  Once we covered the entire order process again, she told me I could not get the $62 bundle due to being on DSL, but it would be $79, and would not get the $100 card for the order.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It feels like a bait and switch tactic.  When I told her to just cancel the order, she did not seem concerned.  I have been with ATT for over 10 years.  Now I feel almost forced to consider another vendor.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@eeverette wrote:

I have been resistent to move from DSL to Uverse due to lots of bad reviews.  I finally decided to make the move today after getting spammed and almost daily snail mail offers.  I went online and selected the bundle I wanted (18 mbps + 200 mins phone for $62) and completed the entire order process only to receive an order processing error stating I had to call to resolve.  I called the number and the customer rep said we had to complete the entire process over the phone.  Once we covered the entire order process again, she told me I could not get the $62 bundle due to being on DSL, but it would be $79, and would not get the $100 card for the order.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It feels like a bait and switch tactic.  When I told her to just cancel the order, she did not seem concerned.  I have been with ATT for over 10 years.  Now I feel almost forced to consider another vendor.

When I got Uverse in 2008, I had had SBCglobal DSL since 2001, it just switched my DSL profile to the Uverse profile and I got a $200 check as a reward.

See if ATT Customeer Care can help.  Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your DSL to UVERSE reward situation.

Include your name, address, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the prompt message.  I sent the PM and will reply back here with the result.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Follow up, I received a prompt message from Michael Y at Customer Care.  He called me and straightened out the situation.  He handled my issue very quickly and professionally.  I hope the Uverse experience works that well going forward.  Have a great 4th!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.