Get the myAT&T app
MikeAlkema's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 12th, 2013 10:30 PM

Customer Service

Why do I need to spend over 3 hours on phone, most of it being on hold to get my UVerse tv turned on?

I am so disappointed in the level of customer service that I'm questioning my decision to switch to UVerse.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well, I now have just short of 6 hours on the phone, most of it on hold with in excess of 20 customer service representatives. I've even been to the SOS department and chirped the President of AT&T Michigan

I currently have AT&T UVerse Internet in my home. All I wanted to do is add the U300 TV package. I had an appointment for last Thursday that was confirmed via email. AT&T never showed up. I have spoken to and yelled at more people than I care to admit. I finally started writing down all their ID numbers. This has become a customer service nightmare. I can't get to anyone with the ability or the authority to get a tech to my home sooner than next week even though the error was 100% att fault.

I've tweeted, I've blogged, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB. Nothing.

I'm calling ATT on Monday morning and exercising my 30 day right to cancel on my already installed interet service.

Anyone in Michigan considering switching to UVerse beware. Do not cancel your current service until ATT actually shows up and your device is working. #disapointed.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

I've had 5 great years of Uverse HD TV/internet and live in metro Detroit. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Please tell me why, after contacting the company 3 times over 30+ days for a line repair, I am still forced into a 4 hour window to wait on AT&T to show up?   The past two times I've contacted them about this same issue, they have said the issue has been prioritized.  That was simply not true.  Yesterday, the agent said a manager would contact me within 1/2 hour to discuss.  It has now been over 14 hours and there has been nary a call.  The service I've received here has been nothing short of deplorable.  Frankly, going through CHAT puts you with some customer service rep half way across the world who is working multiple chat sessions and not paying attention as fully as it should.  AT&T has proven that it is too big to provide meaningful and satisfying customer service.  There is a 10 day Service Level Agreement to get to the repairs, an SLA that is way too long.  They obviously failed miserably in this case regardless.  Of course, when the salesperson who came to my door to discuss converting to uVerse, SERVICE was certainly touted as being top-notch.  It's such a shame.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Every interaction can take as much as 45 minutes just to get the issue moving.  I've found this out when using the CHAT feature.  It's not quite as long on the phone but it does take time and you're dealing with folks off-shore so sometimes communication becomes a definite problem. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

In my experience, there is absolutely no accountability within the servicing arm. If they stand you up, they will just reschedule you according to what is available in the queue...and still requiring the 4 hour waiting window. It's unlikely that the technician will know what is being requested when he or she shows.

It's unfortunate that AT&T has come into our communities and taken such advantage of the citizens and our infrastructure. One has to think that a lot of lobbying money is passed out at the state capitals and in Washington.

If you saw the papers this week, AT&T is looking to grow and has an eye on a $50 billion acquisition in Mexico. If the company struggles to service what it has now, what is it that makes us think it will do better when they are even bigger. I recommend googling the FCC and making comments.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.