verisimilitude's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 11:04 PM

Cancel U-verse Internet fee?

I need to cancel my U-verse internet because my promotional period is up and I can't afford it. Also it's not very impressive, my modem stopped working one month after signing up then they sent me an old model as a replacement. Does anyone know the approximate charge for this? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

If you are month to month, not under a contract/time limit, there should be no charge.  If you bought the modem, no return necessary, but if not, might have to return it.  😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

verisimilitude - When you call in & tell the call router you want to cancel, you will be routed to the retention dept. They may consider your story as reason to extend your promotional rate.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

11 years ago

I just got it and am so sick. Wish i could get rid of it today. Nothing work right. Can't even get dvd to work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

GOOD GRIEF....

I AM CANCELLING MY AT&T U-VERSE SATELLITE AND WHAT A SONG AND A DANCE FROM AT&T.  WHEN EVER IT RAINS, SNOWS OR HIGH WINDS....WE LOOSE OUR TV CONTINUALLY AND WE HAVE (4) TV'S.

THE PEOPLE AT AT&T ARE RUTHLESS AND HEARTLESS.    I AM GOING TO BE 70 YEARS OLD WITH A HUSBAND AT HOME WHO WAS CRITICALLY INJURED IN OCT. OF 2008  WE GET (2) HOURS SLEEP EVERY NIGHT DUE TO HIS HORRIFIC INJURIES AND CONTINUALLY NEW PROBLEMS.

AT&T TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE AN EARLY CANCELLATION FEE FOR THE TV'S.....DIDN'T EVEN NOTIFY THEM ABOUT THE INTERNET THROUGH THEM OR MY SWITCHING OVER MY HOME PHONE TO ANOTHER COMPANY (NON SATELLITE) AND I AM VERY ANGRY.

AT&T TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO RETURN ALL THEIR EQUIPMENT AND TAKE DOWN THE SATELLITE DISHES AND WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHAT I AM TO DO WITH THEM.

AT&T IS A NASTY COMPANY WHOM I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

ALSO, WHAT ABOUT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE FOR ALL THE TALKING GARBAGE. THEY GIVE US TRYING TO REACH SOMEONE AND THEN MORE TALKING GARBAGE.

ANYONE HEAR ME????

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

@OAKLAWN wrote:

I AM CANCELLING MY AT&T U-VERSE SATELLITE  

AT&T's Satellite product is known as DIRECTV, not U-VERSE.   

@OAKLAWN wrote:

I AM GOING TO BE 70 YEARS OLD WITH A HUSBAND AT HOME WHO WAS CRITICALLY INJURED IN OCT. OF 2008  WE GET (2) HOURS SLEEP EVERY NIGHT DUE TO HIS HORRIFIC INJURIES

I am sorry to hear that. But I'm not sure what that has to do with AT&T

@OAKLAWN wrote:

AT&T TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE AN EARLY CANCELLATION FEE FOR THE TV'S....AT&T TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO RETURN ALL THEIR EQUIPMENT AND TAKE DOWN THE SATELLITE DISHES AND WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHAT I AM TO DO WITH THEM. 

Yes, per the terms of service when you started DIRECTV Service, there is an ETF if you end your service prior to the term.  Those terms also state you have to return the equipment.  However, you do not need to remove the satellite dish.  You return the receivers, remotes, etc. to your nearest The UPS Store or FedEx Express location along with your account number.  The store will give you a receipt for the equipment.

@OAKLAWN wrote:

ANYONE HEAR ME????

Who could not hear you, shouting as you have throughout this entire post?

@OAKLAWN wrote:

GOOD GRIEF....

GOOD GRIEF, indeed, Charlie Brown.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.