Get the myAT&T app
marlahmar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 8th, 2015 10:53 PM

Billing and pricing concerns

We have been with SBC global, which became ATT since the beginning and we have experienced every trick in the book on how to jack up prices and screw the customer.

We have made it a point to surprize ourselves every year with the latest and unexpected

new trick.

The billing is a nightmare and we have spent countless hours on the phone trying to resolve

inaccurate and inflated bills.

It is very time consuming and frustrating to constantly have to fight over expired plans or promos,which all of a sudden double or triple ones bill.

U-verse Internet has jumped to $41.79 for 3Mbps which is a ripoff.

U-verse Voice unlimited $41.72 for a line we hardly use.

We are wondering where will it all end.

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

9 years ago

Click on the hyperlink in my sig for Customer Care. They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can get your issue resolved. Send them a PM on their profile with your information and someone will be in touch with you. Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification. As they will reply to via PM as well.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am having a very similar problem!!!  I have to admit, their customer service is well above my last stint of experience with Comcast. However, the prices are quite a dissappointment. When we purchased our home in May 2013, we had a wonderful deal: U-Verse 450 + the max internet service with two boxes capable of recording/pausing etc and we paid less than $103 with taxes. What a shock when our year was up and it jumped up just under $200!!! So they offered me the same internet with only 300 channels for $115. I wasn't happy, but I accepted it to avoid changing carriers again - because we do enjoy the service. So $122 with taxes. Then the last couple months it's come up to about $127, so when I called to see why the price was up before the contract, I was told the service charge went up, which somehow doesn't follow the contract terms. Also - since my contract is up in two weeks, I would be seeing another influx in price. How do I avoid another $200 bill? By being transferred again and now being haggled into a new "promotion" of having the same internet and being knocked down to 200 channels for $118 a month.

So to recap:

2013: Internet and 450 channels = $103.22 with taxes

2014: Internet and 300 channels = $121.79 with taxes; later in 2014, service charge up so $127

2015: Internet and 200 channels = $118 PLUS taxes, so probably still about $127

Apparently being a loyal customer for AT&T means being rewarded LESS channels for MORE money!!! As a customer who has never once been late with a bill, this is extremely upsetting. With a baby on the way, the last thing I want to deal with is a contantly increasing bill for less and less service! I'm about to have the unfortunate experience of getting pricing with Comcast or Charter because at least their crappy customer service doesn't come with ginormous price influxes...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.