Get the myAT&T app
stiedt's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 14th, 2014 1:12 PM

Bill increased without notification?

Extremely FRUSTRATED that AT&T can increase bill without notification. I guess this is why they try to get you to sign-up for autopay, so you don't really see the incremental increases. They just automatically increase as they wish.

HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE !!!!!

Time to move to anonther provider I think.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

@stiedt wrote:

Extremely FRUSTRATED that AT&T can increase bill without notification. I guess this is why they try to get you to sign-up for autopay, so you don't really see the incremental increases. They just automatically increase as they wish.

HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE !!!!!

Time to move to anonther provider I think.

I have had U-verse since 2008 and every February bill, every year, has had a rate increase.  The best thing to do is call retentions and see if you can get a better rate by signing a year contract.  I just did that because my bill was going to be about $260 a month.  Now after entering into a new contract for 1 year it's going to be $150 plus tax.

As for going to another provider, they all do the same thing if your not in a contract. 

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

That's exactly why I will refuse to join auto-pay.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I too have spoken with customer retention,  more than once, first time, never saw the promised rate, next bill came in much higher than i had been paying, after huge run-around with chat and on phone, finally got back to retention and have been sort of promised a new rate that "has to be approved"??   Why does it have to be so difficult, frustrating and annoying?   Will have to wait and see if the new rate shows up.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just another way of legally mugging Joe & Jane Lunchbox. If they happen to complain,  give them a lilting song & soft-shoe routine about a a reduced rate & then procede with the purple love hammer, regardless of what was promised. I remember watching the WKRP in Cincinatti pilot, where Howard Hessmans character is raving about the "Phone Police" & laughing about his paranoia. I'm not laughing as hard these days, I find...

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

10 years ago

Simply notifying us that you are going to change the price every February despite promising us you would not when we signed up does not justify it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Same thing happened to me! I upgraded to U200 via a "promotion" and the sales agent said it would be $100 per month. Well, that was a lie. My first bill was actually jacked up to $140 and there was no mention of the promotional deal whatsoever. Talk about breach of contract.  I've had to spend countless hours on hold getting tossed around various departments. I even had one agent tell me everything was fixed and she gave me a confirmation number. I checked my account a few days later and nothing changed. I called in again, waiting of course another 30 minutes, to find out there was never a change.  Another lie! What a bunch of crap. As soon as my contract is up I am done with AT&T, they clearly have no interest in investing in their people. My thought, if people like us had the time, I'd be glad to start a movement in getting as many people away from AT&T as possible.  I’ve never been witness to such incompetency and can get better service from the mentally challenged greeter at Wal-Mart.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I'm betting the turnover rate is so high at AT&T this 'employee" is long gone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  BOOOOOOO!!!!  YYYOOOUUU STINK AT&T!!!  BOOOOOOOOOOO!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@morons32 wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  BOOOOOOO!!!!  YYYOOOUUU STINK AT&T!!!  BOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you're actually wanting to get your problem solved (which I doubt, based on the immaturity of your posts), I'd recommend sending a private message to AT&T Customer Care at the link below. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I think the issue is not that there was no notification, there was, but that the increase took place while under contract.  The contract should guarantee the price until renewal date.  At the renewal date then AT&T should be able to include the rate increase.  I don't think that increasing the rate during contract period is right or fair to the customers.  Especially since if they aren't happy they can't then cancel their service without incurring an early termination fee.  So they either accept the rate increase or pay to leave the cable service.  Not exactly what I would consider a good business practice.

I will be leaving the AT&T cable service once my contract is up in July.  It's just too much money to spend on cable - of which I only watch about 20 channels.  I'll make do with Netflicks and DroidTV.

Thanks AT&T , I have had no service issues and I love the DVR service, but the cable packages and prices are not consumer friendly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.