Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 12, 2014
11:51:14 AM
View profile
Att Uverse in my area

Hi! So I had Att uverse home phone internet and DVR for almost a year. I have to say I loved it. It is in my opinion, so much better than everyone else who offers the same services in the area. I just moved outside of the city I use to live in and now they don't offer service to where I live now. I really miss it! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can see if they plan to install in my area, or if there is a place where I can express my interest in services in my area or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for the replys

-David

Hi! So I had Att uverse home phone internet and DVR for almost a year. I have to say I loved it. It is in my opinion, so much better than everyone else who offers the same services in the area. I just moved outside of the city I use to live in and now they don't offer service to where I live now. I really miss it! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can see if they plan to install in my area, or if there is a place where I can express my interest in services in my area or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for the replys

-David

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 12, 2014 12:08:54 PM
(1)
ACE - Master

You can go here and put in your address: http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/#fbid=563KlLoEQvg.  If it's not available, you can request to be notified when it is available.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Att Uverse in my area

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 12, 2014 12:08:54 PM
(1)
ACE - Master

You can go here and put in your address: http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/#fbid=563KlLoEQvg.  If it's not available, you can request to be notified when it is available.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Att Uverse in my area

2 of 6 (1,318 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 3:41:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Ok, but that doesn't tell us if they plan to make their service available in our area.  If they don't, we'll never be notified, and still be wondering if they ever plan to offer it.

Is there any way to see if there a plans for a particular area to receive U-verse service?

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Ok, but that doesn't tell us if they plan to make their service available in our area.  If they don't, we'll never be notified, and still be wondering if they ever plan to offer it.

Is there any way to see if there a plans for a particular area to receive U-verse service?

3 of 6 (1,287 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 3:52:19 PM
(1)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Feb 12, 2014 at 3:53:49 PM

Af&t does not announce future development, as work has to be done laying fiber, building VRAD or IRADs, providing power, generally pretty easy to spot that type of construction, also mainly along lines of existing services, major roads.

Best to check with local community boards for discussions, most need board approval plus permits.
If these are not happening, then no plan at this time. But Uverse is continuing to expand just when for your area.

Can state that at end of 2015, 75% of customer base will have accessto hardline adsl2+, vdsl, or FTTP.
The remaining 25% should have access to the 4G LTE wireless internet option.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/internethomephone.html

Af&t does not announce future development, as work has to be done laying fiber, building VRAD or IRADs, providing power, generally pretty easy to spot that type of construction, also mainly along lines of existing services, major roads.

Best to check with local community boards for discussions, most need board approval plus permits.
If these are not happening, then no plan at this time. But Uverse is continuing to expand just when for your area.

Can state that at end of 2015, 75% of customer base will have accessto hardline adsl2+, vdsl, or FTTP.
The remaining 25% should have access to the 4G LTE wireless internet option.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/internethomephone.html

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (1,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 5:27:07 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks.

Unless the price is significantly reduced and data caps are significantly raised, LTE isn't a viable option for those wanting to actually use high speed internet for the things it does best, I.e streaming HD movies. So my options are to wait and hope AT&T gets around to offering something better than the 3 mb max service they offer now with no idea when that will be or switch to Comcast. Neither is very palatable.
Thanks.

Unless the price is significantly reduced and data caps are significantly raised, LTE isn't a viable option for those wanting to actually use high speed internet for the things it does best, I.e streaming HD movies. So my options are to wait and hope AT&T gets around to offering something better than the 3 mb max service they offer now with no idea when that will be or switch to Comcast. Neither is very palatable.

5 of 6 (1,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 11:05:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

My experience, (I live in Chicago's far Western suburbs) where AT&T hired a third party solicitor to go door to door to canvas verse. A couple young ladies rang my door bell around 8PM. After chatting at the front door a couple minutes I invited them in to make their sales pitch because it was near zero outside. optics had been in the ground some time and was ready to go. A few days later I got a similar offer directly from AT&T in the mail.

It took about 10 days to have a AT&T tech come out and switch me over.  

I'm not sure if U-verse is fiber optics everywhere. It is where I am, but read so far fiber optics is only available in about 20% of the country. My experience as far as HD (a $10 more a month premium option in some U-verse packages) is HD picture quality can be razor sharp, far more so than my old provider was offering in spite of me having their premium HD digital package. 

My experience, (I live in Chicago's far Western suburbs) where AT&T hired a third party solicitor to go door to door to canvas verse. A couple young ladies rang my door bell around 8PM. After chatting at the front door a couple minutes I invited them in to make their sales pitch because it was near zero outside. optics had been in the ground some time and was ready to go. A few days later I got a similar offer directly from AT&T in the mail.

It took about 10 days to have a AT&T tech come out and switch me over.  

I'm not sure if U-verse is fiber optics everywhere. It is where I am, but read so far fiber optics is only available in about 20% of the country. My experience as far as HD (a $10 more a month premium option in some U-verse packages) is HD picture quality can be razor sharp, far more so than my old provider was offering in spite of me having their premium HD digital package. 

6 of 6 (1,249 Views)