Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 27, 2014
7:47:27 AM
Are home phone and Uverse accounts separate?

I have both a home phone through AT&T and Uverse for my Internet. I receive two separate bills so I assume the accounts are completely separate. I plan to cancel my home phone account by porting the number to a different carrier. But, I do not want to close my Uverse account. If I have my home phone number ported (thus closing that account) will it affect my Uverse account?

I have both a home phone through AT&T and Uverse for my Internet. I receive two separate bills so I assume the accounts are completely separate. I plan to cancel my home phone account by porting the number to a different carrier. But, I do not want to close my Uverse account. If I have my home phone number ported (thus closing that account) will it affect my Uverse account?

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 27, 2014 7:51:30 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

I'll assume your home phone is POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and NOT U-voice (VOIP).

So yes, POTS via ATT is different than VOIP (Uverse) and are billed separately. 

Stopping your old school phone line will not affect your Uverse Internet account.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Are home phone and Uverse accounts separate?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 27, 2014 7:51:30 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

I'll assume your home phone is POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and NOT U-voice (VOIP).

Stopping your old school phone line will not affect your Uverse Internet account.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Are home phone and Uverse accounts separate?

2 of 4 (780 Views)
Solution
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2014 7:54:34 AM
(1)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter speaks the truth.

Even if you had U-Verse phone and wanted to take that to a different carrier, you could do that, although your U-Verse bundle would almost certainly change. In this case, I'd recommend asking the representative what would happen to your promotions and discounts.

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter speaks the truth.

Even if you had U-Verse phone and wanted to take that to a different carrier, you could do that, although your U-Verse bundle would almost certainly change. In this case, I'd recommend asking the representative what would happen to your promotions and discounts.

3 of 4 (776 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2014 8:03:07 AM
(1)
Tutor

Yes, my account is POTS and you did answer my question. Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

Yes, my account is POTS and you did answer my question. Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

4 of 4 (772 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments