Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 15, 2014
10:52:21 PM
View profile
ATT discriminating against disabled

I had a date confirmed to start my service & I just received an email moving that date back several days--leaving me without any connection for the next week. My cell phone does not work well at my new address. I am disabled (unable to walk/in poor health) & terrified of being alone and without any means to communicate (no phone or internet). 

Changing the installlation date is putting me in jeopardy & it was done immediately after I talked to a very rude representative--I was calling back to try to get the installation moved to a sooner time--now instead of helping me they are hurting me.

Besides not being able to communicate or get help (or have groceries ordered & delivered, etc), I spend my days online and will have nothing to do--I'll truly be alone.

I am hoping that someone monitors this forum and will do something to help. 

Julie

I had a date confirmed to start my service & I just received an email moving that date back several days--leaving me without any connection for the next week. My cell phone does not work well at my new address. I am disabled (unable to walk/in poor health) & terrified of being alone and without any means to communicate (no phone or internet). 

Changing the installlation date is putting me in jeopardy & it was done immediately after I talked to a very rude representative--I was calling back to try to get the installation moved to a sooner time--now instead of helping me they are hurting me.

Besides not being able to communicate or get help (or have groceries ordered & delivered, etc), I spend my days online and will have nothing to do--I'll truly be alone.

I am hoping that someone monitors this forum and will do something to help. 

Julie

ATT discriminating against disabled

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 5:05:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT discriminating against disabled

2 of 4 (269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2014 1:19:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on May 17, 2014 at 1:21:13 PM

I don't know where you got "ATT discriminating against disabled" since dates get pushed back or all over the place for a lot of people. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make them rush over to install for you. Issues arise and sometimes they need to push back the install.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

I don't know where you got "ATT discriminating against disabled" since dates get pushed back or all over the place for a lot of people. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make them rush over to install for you. Issues arise and sometimes they need to push back the install.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 9:53:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @julielynns 

I'm sorry you're having installation issues, our team will be happy to help. Like suggested, please send us a private message and one of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @julielynns 

I'm sorry you're having installation issues, our team will be happy to help. Like suggested, please send us a private message and one of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (188 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments