Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 7, 2013
4:46:13 PM
View profile
AT&T HomeManager

I live in NC and I have the AT&T HomeManager Samsung-i8110. Will it work with my U-verse? 

Also the box says that it requires analog is that why my screen is still on AT&T HomeManager?

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this system? PLEASE HELP! 

I live in NC and I have the AT&T HomeManager Samsung-i8110. Will it work with my U-verse? 

Also the box says that it requires analog is that why my screen is still on AT&T HomeManager?

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this system? PLEASE HELP! 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2013 4:52:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It used to work with Uverse but AT&T discontinued HomeManager and downed the server.  Since it used to sync with the server that is no longer, it's not much good for anything anymore.  Now the phone side will still function with either a POTS line or U-voice but you can't access the internet with it.

I had one also but retired it soon after the server was downed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

AT&T HomeManager

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2013 4:52:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It used to work with Uverse but AT&T discontinued HomeManager and downed the server.  Since it used to sync with the server that is no longer, it's not much good for anything anymore.  Now the phone side will still function with either a POTS line or U-voice but you can't access the internet with it.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T HomeManager

2 of 7 (965 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 6:23:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you! So does the phone features work also on the tablet?

Thank you! So does the phone features work also on the tablet?

3 of 7 (943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 3:28:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:37:50 AM

Yes it will, but there are a couple of gotcha's........1) You will be hard pressed to find any replacement batteries (one of the reasons I retired mine) 2) The cordless signal between the "base", and the frame and handsets, operates in the 2.4GHz which is the same frequency your wireless signal operates in from your residential gateway.  I used to have intermittent problems with my wireless but only if I had one of the handsets laying next to my laptop and it either rang or I was using the speakerphone feature.

So long story short........I wouldn't even attempt to set it up but it's your call.  (No pun intended)

Yes it will, but there are a couple of gotcha's........1) You will be hard pressed to find any replacement batteries (one of the reasons I retired mine) 2) The cordless signal between the "base", and the frame and handsets, operates in the 2.4GHz which is the same frequency your wireless signal operates in from your residential gateway.  I used to have intermittent problems with my wireless but only if I had one of the handsets laying next to my laptop and it either rang or I was using the speakerphone feature.

So long story short........I wouldn't even attempt to set it up but it's your call.  (No pun intended)

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 6:31:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks again! You have been very helpful in this matter. I wish I would 

have know this information before I brought it. You actually knew more than

AT&T techs. 😀

Thanks again! You have been very helpful in this matter. I wish I would 

have know this information before I brought it. You actually knew more than

AT&T techs. 😀

5 of 7 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2014 9:30:03 AM
(0)
Contributor
Call me crazy but I acquired three complete kits all

6 of 7 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2014 9:38:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
Sorry, hit the done button on accident...so anyways I bought three of these complete HomeManagers for $30, I just couldn't pass that up. They are all sealed in plastic. Problem, as I did know the servers for these devices was shut off. I'm trying to get past the home address to setup the tablet. It obviously trying to access the servers. However that not going to happen and I do indeed get an error message. Does anyone have a magic wand that can make these tablets get past this? Or are they all garbage? Any advice would be great. I just think they are cool and wanted to at least use them for the speaker phone function.
Sorry, hit the done button on accident...so anyways I bought three of these complete HomeManagers for $30, I just couldn't pass that up. They are all sealed in plastic. Problem, as I did know the servers for these devices was shut off. I'm trying to get past the home address to setup the tablet. It obviously trying to access the servers. However that not going to happen and I do indeed get an error message. Does anyone have a magic wand that can make these tablets get past this? Or are they all garbage? Any advice would be great. I just think they are cool and wanted to at least use them for the speaker phone function.

Sorry, hit the done button on accident...so anyways I bou...

7 of 7 (439 Views)