Get the myAT&T app
milt560's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 2nd, 2015 3:28 PM

AT&T Customer Service

I spent 1 hour on the phone and got transferred around. All I wanted to do was return 2 u-verse receivers. 7 separate phone calls are got nothing accomplished. Is this typical of AT&T Customer Service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

Here ie the best way to return equipment

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Account-Questions/i-need-to-return-the-uverse-cable-boxes/m-p/4296797#M32881

I have used this on a extra box that I had and no problems

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

Well... if you're currently being charged for the receiver you're going to return, you really do need to contact AT&T first so that they'll stop billing on that receiver, and I think this makes it turn up in the UPS system as returnable as well.

If you can't get help at 800-288-2020, try clicking this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.  You can give them your Full Name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you to speed things along.

Here's a newer article with an infographic covering some of the finer points:

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Account-Questions/How-to-Return-U-verse-Equipment/m-p/4287959

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have attempted 4 times to speak to customer service I have 4 times disconnected.......fraudulent charging me services not used.....Service rep. Lee, told me all this stuff that I thought I could trust. Then found out only to carge me. I went from Uverse to direct tv for 3 of our tv and left 1 Uverse setup in a bedroom and lee was told that wanted only basic service...no movies....1 tv only. June 3rd 2016 I switched...then direct tv rep came out input dirct tv service. Lee told me specific.....keep Uverse equipment and when you stop the last Uverse and change to direct tv, then turn in all equipment. Also I was told I had to keep at least 1 Tv Connection because of a bundle that's why I did it this way otherwise I would not have kept 1.Uverse. Now charging me for full services for all 4 the over $400.00. This is fraud.....I am disabled totally and wanted direct tv. What a mess and I need a representative in charge to assist with this situation....4times I have tried and the rep talking to me hang up when it comes to providing the service to look into this matter......disconnected me. I have recorded of call a on my cell phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have unused AT&T phone cards that were purchased at Sam's Club a few years back. Sam's Club does not do any refunds/store credit for these. Does AT&T refund for unused AT&T phone cards, and if so, what is the process please?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

YES, it is ABSOLUTELY typical of USUAL customer service with AT&T.  The frustration they cause to their PAYING CUSTOMERS is above and beyond what should be tolerated by anyone and the company should be shut down! I have never hated a company more than I do them! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Good morning

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have disconnected service and returned equipment in the container provided by DirectTV. My account number is 13318268.  After months of getting the run-around about a $250 Visa card (which I NEVER received) and complaints about internet service: box came with phone jacks and I don't have phone jacks in my house!), I have been waiting to receive a final bill from your company.  I have however received various emails threatening to damage my credit if I don't pay it! Please send me a final bill so that I may submit it to Spectrum; a company who actually knows how to keep one's business.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

It is strange that no matter which number you call you always get the same automated voice answer service? And it really doesn't matter what your problem is they will not take responsibility.

It's your internet, that is the answer I get from AT&T Direct TV. Its Direct TV that is the answer I get from AT&T internet service. I was guaranteed a price for my bundle and they still advertise 

that price but it changes after your very first bill and as for the AT&T rewards card, I wouldn't hold 

your breath.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.