For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Guerne's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 8:01 PM

AT&T Bill Issue (Cancellation of Service)

To Whom It May Concern:

REF: Acct. #****

This letter is to inform you that we would like to cancel our services with you which include TV and internet. We had recently moved at the beginning of 2014 and called your company to switch our service from our old residence to our new one. We brought the old equipment over to the new home and the tech that had come out used some of it and also used new equipment he had brought. There excess equipment was left in our garage that apparently had to be sent back - which the installation tech never mentioned. When I started to receive bills that were outrageous, I immediately called. They advised me about the equipment and I told the rep that we would try to locate and send back. Meanwhile, we were still in the process of unpacking from the move. We sent back what we found and explained what was still being used by us in the new home. Everything was supposed to be straightened out at that point. I also had made sure all along that my normal monthly bills for service were paid so I did not have any problems on that end.

Awhile later I received a bill that didn't make sense again. I called and was told that we still had a modem. I did find that as well and also sent it back. Every time I receive a bill there is nothing stated about the equipment and the charges but the bills are always very high! I just had to call again yesterday and the customer service rep was nice and actually trying to help me but couldn't even explain what the charges were from. It has gotten to the point that there is so much confusion on the account that it's difficult to figure out, even for your own support team. Then, your customer service rep actually put me on hold and then switched me to another dept. without telling me because I think he just didn't want to deal with it anymore; to be honest, I don't blame him. This occurred after I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes. I hung up because I have explained my situation thoroughly to multiple representatives, all of which cannot help me and end up switching me! This has been an ongoing nightmare since the beginning. I just feel that we can't ever get to the point where I am going to have a normal bill!

Since then we've received absolutely nothing but problems with the service in general. To begin with, you promise an internet speed of 50mbps and at best I pull 35mbps literally 12 inches from the router, it is very slow and not running at what it is supposed to be. I cannot get internet in my home office at all because it is too far away from the modem on the other side of the house. This is a huge issue for us, that the tech said would no not be a problem. We were also told that someone would come out in about 7-10 days to bury the lines running across our front yard at the time of installation which never happened. I advised customer service reps I was speaking with numerous times that nobody ever came to do that. They kept telling me they would put the order in for someone to come out and take care of it. It was never done and my husband finally did it himself a couple of weeks ago! I really feel like this problem cannot be rectified and would like to be able to cancel my services. I will say that I had no problems whatsoever at my old home and was always happy with the service. I don't know what happened this time around.

Sincerely,
James

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

Posting in this forum is not a way to officially contact AT&T.  Your account number and other personal identifiying information has been removed from this public forum so that it can't be read by pretty much anyone who cares to.

You can try to contact them by clicking on this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three. They will need to follow up with you to confirm, so please not only include your Billing Account Number, but also the best way and time to contact you (understanding that they have limited business hours).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.