Get the myAT&T app
mamabecka's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 5:31 PM

Closed

$200 Rewards Card Redemption EXPIRED?!! HORRIBLE Customer Service!

I had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T today. Let me first say that I am a VERY loyal AT&T customer. I have been an AT&T wireless costumer for about 5 years and I am a U-Verse customer that is about to move her services to a new address. When I first signed up for AT&T Uverse back in February of this year I was told I was going to receive a $200 rebate/rewards card. Which I assumed was just going to be mailed to me. Nothing came. It wasnt until a couple of months ago when I received a reward notification for a $10 Visa Card, that I realized I had to redeem my card online. I NEVER received notification to redeem. In fact, I was never acknowledge as a bundled customer and had to call in to have my discounts manual entered EVERY MONTH until May 2013. This may be why I never received the Reward notification in the mail. I called AT&T today to try to fix this problem, and I was spoken to very rudely and was told it was too late to redeem my card. I was NEVER told how the rebate system works, I NEVER received award notification because I wasnt acknowledge in the billing system as a bundle customer until more than 3 months later, so how was this my fault? I even told the customer service rep that if I was going to be treated this rudely that I wouldnt move my services and would cancel all together, but she continued to rush me off the phone. I have NEVER been treated this way by an AT&T employee and it was VERY frustrating. I have always been an advocate for AT&T's great customer service and relationship skills, and this was VERY disappointing. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi Mariana,

Could you please help me with my expired reward card. Thank you. Please let me know if can PM you with all my details. Thanks for your help in advance.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @infoguild 

The best way to address any rewards issues is by contating AT&T Reward center directly. Here is the page with the contact info and a Chat option for the Rewards Center, as well as their business hours.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i have called and asked to be remove from the calling list. i get several calls a day with multiple numbers blocked and yet i still get computer calls to goto AT&T site to recieve my 200 dollar switch rewards. PLEASE STOP DESIST THE BLATANT HARRASEMENT.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Jimmy H

In this case it doesn't sound like those are calls from AT&T. There are some known phishing scams out there where customers are getting calls pretending to be from their phone or cable company (affecting most carriers' customers) and offering them money for logging in to some web site. Those calls are not from AT&T, please don't give them any of your information.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have had a similar experience with a $ 200.00 reward card. I traded in a iPhone 4 a few months ago and got the reward card. When I called to verify the amount , I was told that it expired in 2 years. My husband kept the card and when we were ready to go to AT&T to buy an iPad, we were told that the card expired. I called customer service who told me to call the reward card department, who told me to go back to the store! I went back to the store and was told there was nothing they could do! I wasted hours dealing with this. One thing is for sure, the phone I traded in was put to good use by AT&T and I am left without anything! I feel that I was cheated! 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I received $200 in gift cards when we signed up for Uverse a few months back (Feb 2014), and noticed that they had already expired. I only received them in April 2014 and the expiration was June 2014... just 2 months later. Is there any way we could get a new card with an expiration date a bit further in the future? Two months isn't very much time....

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@tauwyt wrote:

I received $200 in gift cards when we signed up for Uverse a few months back (Feb 2014), and noticed that they had already expired. I only received them in April 2014 and the expiration was June 2014... just 2 months later. Is there any way we could get a new card with an expiration date a bit further in the future? Two months isn't very much time....

Two months is a long time to spend $200. If your budget is less than that, I envy you!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

While two months may seem like a long time to some, I was saving them to use on an anniversary gift my significant other. ATT has very politely informed me that it is impossible to reissue the cards or give me the credit in any other way.

I consider this extremely bad customer service and will keep this in mind the next time I am up for renewal. ATT clearly doesn't care about their customers, I guess that is why they rank down with TWC and Comcrap for customer service. 

Why is ATT even sending out cards with less than two months of validity on them?!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is my second time signing up with AT&T for internet service. The first time in 2008 I was promised $200 gift cards, then after checking daily for several months was told I didn't qualify. This time when they promised them again, I didn't believe them. So, I shouldn't be disappointed that when I go to the website for rewards to claim them it says it can't find my information. Service was installed May 29, 2014, the first bill was calculated incorrectly (not breaking up the installation fee over 3 months as promised) and no rewards. How familiar.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I too I have $200 in expired cards. I have sent a private message, but get told to contact rewards support. I contact rewards support and get told they can't do anything. The policy for issuing new cards for expired ones seems very subjective. Some people claim success while others get the brush off. Is it just a matter of continually trying until I get someone who will exchange them? I live in California and know that gift certs and cards can't expire by law, so I was saving them for vacation. I had no idea these had expiration dates on them or I certaintly would have used them earlier.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.