Get the myAT&T app
cinder01's profile

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 3:13 PM

12 Months - contract fulfilled - yet cannot cancel yet - no promo availi"?

Hi,

Can someone please help me?  I have made several calls to Customer Service & via chat have have never been given the same answer.

Last year - this month I signed up with AT&T for Uverse/Internet for a 1 year term.  I knew the term was ending in March and I always try and be pro-active as I am on a limited budget so I started shopping and looking at options pricewise.  

I contacted Customer Service in the last month asking about my options for staying at the current rate I have of $100.96 or less and was told to wait until last bill cycles (to fulfull 12 months) to get best deal.  I was given other deals that were at least $20 to $30 more at that time also.

I also mentioned I was receiving competitive pricing from other providers and if needed I could be cancelling or have to cancel and come back in 30 days to get near close rates again.  I have U200 / 18MBPs net.

I was told by a Rep to call back when I paid my March bill = 12 month fulfullment and go to rentention to cancel and they should be able to look at options for me.  If not, advise I needed to cancel so that they could get me started on the return process.

I paid the bill yesterday, called this morning spoke to someone in Retention who was only able to give me a deal that would be $20 more than what I was currently paying.  I then asked to cancel my service.  

He advised if I canceled I would be charged a Termination Fee? of $15?  How can that be?  I have fulfilled my 12 months with AT&T, paid the bill in full.  I was advised that I needed to cancel on the date that the contract was fulfilled on 3/21/15.  

I don't understand how each rep I have spoken to gives me a different answer.  If I were to cancel my service on 3/21/15 a new bill will be cycled for April/15.  My bill is due on 3/18/15. Why do I want to pay for April services when I want to cancel for March when I have already paid the bill and the term is fullfilled, and on my bill you have already terminated my special promotional rate?

Can someone please help me?  

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

@cinder01 I just went thru the exact issue.  My rate increased by $20 a month.  That was the best promo they had available.  I was told however that I could call back in 3 months or so and see if there was anything better and they could re-do the 1 year commitment with the new promo if one is available.

It appears that the promo's running right now are not as robust as in the past.  I don't see you getting the rate you want, or less then your paying now.  Please do what Jeffster suggested and send a PM to Customer Care to see if they can help but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you I 

@Jeffster wrote:

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

Jeffster,

Thank you for the prompt reply much appreciated!

I will send a PM to the Team and see if or how they can help me. 

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

@cinder01 I just went thru the exact issue.  My rate increased by $20 a month.  That was the best promo they had available.  I was told however that I could call back in 3 months or so and see if there was anything better and they could re-do the 1 year commitment with the new promo if one is available.

It appears that the promo's running right now are not as robust as in the past.  I don't see you getting the rate you want, or less then your paying now.  Please do what Jeffster suggested and send a PM to Customer Care to see if they can help but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@BeBeeSA, 

Thank you for also replying to my message.  I wasn't sure if you are able to do multi-quoting here in a reply so I just did single replying to both of you 🙂 

Sorry you have to go thru the Promotion rate game.  I went thru that for many years with a Competitor & that is one of the reasons why I left was to avoid that & was assured when I signed up w/AT&T that at the end of the term I would be able to find same or a near rate and wouldn't have to play 'the game'.  (And, yet here we go again).  

I will reach out to the Escalation Team and see what they can tell me.  I just want a truthful answer about Canceling & a firm rate.  If I need to downsize or get rid of Uverse completely and just use the Internet that may just be an option also. 

I stopped remaining positive & holding my breath after my first few conversations w/Customer Service (rinse/repeat) Doing what one Rep tells you to do gets you another result from another. Smiley Frustrated But we shall see...

Thanks again! Will keep posted on what happens..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.