Helpful Links

xlbox lags and I can t get HD netflix UV realtime charts

Contributor

xlbox lags and I can t get HD netflix UV realtime charts

for surfing the net uverse has been good but for gaming and netflix it's flat out bad. I play games a lot,  when playing first person shooters on the xbox I'm dead before or just as I can see them and I die instantly.  On their kill cam (their point of view) they run around a corner, see me, turn miss miss miss then kill me. It doesnt even show me shoot.  In MW3 have a 1.8 KD but it would be better if I didnt get robbed constantly. When I record tv shows I'll be lucky to break even with KD. I have to tell to my wife to stop recording. Another thing is I have 18meg and I cant get netflix to play in HD!? what he hel! can anyone help me?

residential gateway-cat 6 to the xbox and tv reliever..nothing else

I removed my IP

[removed link to image with unique IP and MAC address]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31622719@N04/10140289384/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31622719@N04/10140361525/in/photostream/

Message 1 of 7
Community Support

Re: xlbox lags and I can t get HD netflix UV realtime charts

Hi beochie,

I apologize you are having these intermittent issues, but I would be glad to assist you with this. Thank you for sending over the UV realtime charts. Based off that information, your line is doing great. It is not taking many errors, and getting well enough bandwidth. It even suggests upgrading it. The only real problem I notice is that you are still currently using our older U-verse router (the 3800). One thing we may want to try to do is replace it. I will be sending you a private message over this matter, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Mentor

I have a similar issue where I can't watch streams or play games online in the afternoons.  I can get up a 6 in the morning and everything works fine.  Technician has came out and reran all lines and issued me a new router gateway.   The modem itself is the Motorola NVG510 so I can't use UV Realtime.  It's just funny that the whole neighborhood I live in experiences the same issue at the same times but according to ATT there isn't an issue.  This has been going on for about almost a month now.  The two only has 500 people so I wouldn't think their would be a port utilization problem or so on.  

Message 3 of 7
Community Support

Hi kcarpenter,

I apologize for the issues you are having, and definitely want to find out what is causing this problem. Does a speedtest show that your internet is going at a slower speed when you notice latency issues in the afternoon?

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Mentor

If i sit and  do say 5 of them 2 or 3 will show a slow speed.  The problem is that the speedtest seems to be more choppy instead of a smooth line.  I've had techs out and said that the line is good but I'm thinking it may be more on the equipment side of things in the central office.

Message 5 of 7
Community Support

I can definitely take a look into that for you to see if there might be any issues with that. I will be sending you a Private Message to get some further information, so be on the look out for it.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Still no HD for me.  Xbox is a little better while recording but still lags.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support