wireless receiver new

Teacher

wireless receiver new

im planning to get wireless receiver and give up..but just need to know if you can pause or rewind live tv...thanks..

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: wireless receiver new

marlonjp - All u-verse receivers operate the same, regardless of wireless/wired, STB/DVR, Cisco/Motorola.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

As said by aviewer ,  You can pause LIVE TV on all the connected receivers. You just need to have a DVR powered ON in your house/service location  and connected connected to the home network..

The DVR will store the shows which you record from the wireless receiver.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Employee

As stated pause, rewind and fast forward are all DVR functions requiring a DVR in the system.

The ubasic is the only package that does not include a DVR.
You may lease a DVR on ubasic for $15 per month in addition to ubasic pricing.

Unbundled, non promotion price ubasic $19 + DVR $15 = $34 compared to ufamily dvr included price of $59.
As always each additional receiver adds to bill.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Professor

raufshake wrote:

As said by aviewer ,  You can pause LIVE TV on all the connected receivers. You just need to have a DVR powered ON in your house/service location  and connected connected to the home network..

The DVR will store the shows which you record from the wireless receiver.

To clarify, it has to be plugged in and connected to the network. In the modern world, "on" can also mean "standby." If the TV is off and the DVR's power light is off, it's still "connected" to the network and drawing a small amount of power.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Professor

my thoughts wrote:
As stated pause, rewind and fast forward are all DVR functions requiring a DVR in the system.

The ubasic is the only package that does not include a DVR.
You may lease a DVR on ubasic for $15 per month in addition to ubasic pricing.

Unbundled, non promotion price ubasic $19 + DVR $15 = $34 compared to ufamily dvr included price of $59.
As always each additional receiver adds to bill.

I haven't checked in a while, but if you took the price of U-Family and added a DVR, you'd be paying the $15/mo extra which wasn't that much different from the price of U-200.

Message 6 of 7
Employee

Baseballisback, the ufamily includes a DVR, it is the ubasic (local channels only) that does not include a DVR.

Additionally the $149 installation fee is NOT waived on ubasic, if averaged over the cost of a one year contract this adds $12.42 to monthly price when comparing cost of various plans on annual, monthly bases

With DVR comparision, Ubasic $19, + DVR $15 plus installation total 12 months $557 not counting fees and taxes.
Ufamily 6 month promo @ $ 29 + 6 month @ $62 + free installation. Total annual cost $546 + fees and taxes.

The above does not include HD service add another $10 per month, $120 per year.
Is for one TV only, each additional TV needs own receiver add $8 per TV or $96 per year.
If desire any wireless receiver(s) maximum of 2, add $49 each wireless one time feed.

So 3 TV + HD, with DVR needed, and 2 wireless receivers, Max Plus with HSIA fee
UBASIC... with $149 installation...$15 per month DVR, $11.05 discount
Annual cost $1590.40 monthly average $132.53 NO REWARDS CARD

UFAMILY... with free installation.. DVR included
Annual cost 1st year $1322 monthly average $110.17 + $200 RC

U200... with free installation, DVR included, $49 discount
Annual cost 1st year $1502, monthly average $125.17 + $200 RC(s)

U300... free install, free DVR, 1 wireless NO CHARGE, $59 discount
Annual cost 1st year $1513, monthly average $126.08 + $200 RC(s)

U450 with free install, free DVR, free HD, 1 wireless NO CHARGE $66 discount
Annual cost 1st year $1693 or monthly average of $141.08 + $200 reward card(s)
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support