Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 6, 2013
9:31:24 AM
View profile
wireless laptop cannot communicate with bridge

The AT&T tech connected a Linksys router as a bridge to our 2WIRE RG.  All the local equipment(including my printer) is connected to the Linksys router (192.168.1.1).  All the wireless devices (most importantly my laptop) connect to the 2WIRE RG (172.16.0.1). Now I cannot print because the printer is connected to the 192.168 network.  I cannot ping the Linksys router or the printer.  Since I don't really want to hang around for the tech to return can someone tell me what the settings should be on either one (or both) of the routers so that I can get back to work?  Thanks.

The AT&T tech connected a Linksys router as a bridge to our 2WIRE RG.  All the local equipment(including my printer) is connected to the Linksys router (192.168.1.1).  All the wireless devices (most importantly my laptop) connect to the 2WIRE RG (172.16.0.1). Now I cannot print because the printer is connected to the 192.168 network.  I cannot ping the Linksys router or the printer.  Since I don't really want to hang around for the tech to return can someone tell me what the settings should be on either one (or both) of the routers so that I can get back to work?  Thanks.

wireless laptop cannot communicate with bridge

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 10:38:33 AM
(0)
Expert
You should probably disable wireless on the 2Wire router, and enable wireless on the Linksys. That way everything (wired and wireless) will be in 192.168.1.x.
You should probably disable wireless on the 2Wire router, and enable wireless on the Linksys. That way everything (wired and wireless) will be in 192.168.1.x.

Re: wireless laptop cannot communicate with bridge

2 of 2 (97 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments